HubSpot Ideas

SeanHenri

Slack Integration with Messages (Chat)

It's challenging to keep the Messages app open all the time in my browser. It would be amazing if I could be notified of new chats in Slack.

Even better would be the ability to hold the entire conversation right in Slack, with the option to switch over to the CRM.

HubSpot Updates
May 17, 2018 01:07 PM

Hi all - we have a note about private channels in the knowledge base article, but based on all this feedback I'll recommend we make that more obvious during set up!

Re: Slack Integration with Messages (Chat) - changed to: Delivered
May 10, 2018 12:46 PM

I'm very excited to announce that this integration is now live! Please see https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/messages/how-do-i-integrate-slack-with-the-messages-tool for details.

April 25, 2018 04:08 PM

Hi all! To private message on the community, click the envelope icon in the top right hand corner > Nes Message > enter the username in the Sent to field 🙂 Send your portal Id as part of your message and we should have you ungated in a few days.

April 17, 2018 01:51 PM

Love how excited you all are for this! The Slack integration also comes with some other changes to Chat that we are working on rolling out to all customers. If you are willing to work with some other improvements that are still being fine tuned along with the Slack integration, then please private message me with your portal ID that you'd like to be ungated for these features in 🙂

Re: Slack Integration with Messages (Chat) - changed to: In Beta
April 09, 2018 12:26 PM

We're very excited to announce that this will be released soon!

Re: Slack Integration with Messages (Chat) - changed to: In Planning
February 22, 2018 08:25 AM

68 Replies
EricCrux
Participant

I'm not sure if this was available back in April, but there is an incoming webhook integration with Slack. With the outgoing Webhook intergation within Hubspot you would think this would work...but alas I'm just getting 500 errors within Hubspot.

That is trying both with and without authentication.

Bottom line, Slack notifcations alone are imeasurablly more userful than email notifications...and task assignments for that matter.

kbento
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey @EricCrux,

I've had success catching HubSpot Workflow webhooks with Zapier and then sending them to Slack (I talk about it a bit more here).  It may be a viable connector.

Also, I totally agree that Slack notifications are WAY more valuable than email notifications because they allow multiple people to instantly communicate around the notification without creating ugly email threads.  We find them super useful for things like incoming consultation requests and sales enablement.

Hope this helps!

EricCrux
Participant

Yea, I'm familiar with Zapier...as well as a number of competing products likes Workato and IFTTT. Good services to bridge but also start to add up on the costs.

dharmesh
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone -- amazing discussion, thanks for all the feedback.

I'm furiously working away at some of the feature ideas you have, starting with:

1. Adding tasks

2. Adding notes

3. Looking up contacts and companies

Still thinking through how best to pipe new contact notifications into Slack.

1. Should notifications go to the user that subscribes, or does it need to be configuration so that they can go to a specific #channel?

2. What should GrowthBot do when there are a high volume of notifications? Limit the number of notifications per hour/day?

3. What kind of "actions" should be allowed when the notifiation comes in (other than a link to view the contact)?

I'll have a beta version of some of these things next week sometime. If you'd like to help me beta test it, please let me know.

kbento
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@dharmesh,

Exciting! Put IMPACT down for a beta.

My opinion on your questions:

1. We've found #channel notifications to be the best.  That way multiple people can have a conversation around a notification, but you can also have a private channel with only one person in it (for those one to one notifications).
  2. I'd love to see the option of "Recieve notification digests every: Day, Hour, 15 mins, Instantly" 
  3. Great question. Maybe for contact notifications you could add a dropdown to assign HubSpot owner.  This would allow for sales manager to quickly review a lead then assign it to the best rep (who would then recieve an email or would have them added to their Sales Views). This could also work well for HubSpot Lifecycle for those who manually assign those values.

Sounds like you're about to put our bots out of a job 😉

Vik
Participant

Website Chat with Slack and HubSpot

This product, Dossier, is a FREE HubSpot partner app from Onboardify. It gives you website chat for Slack and all contacts and conversations are synced into HubSpot. You can learn more about how we sync emails and chats to HubSpot. Try it by going to http://www.dossier.work and chatting with us -- we'll reply in Slack, and then we'll save your info as a lead in HubSpot. Here's a video on how our website chat works with Slack -- syncing to HubSpot is a cinch.

Ant

For my team we'd really like to see a capability to have some activities in HubSpot reported in Slack in real time. The Zapier integration may be the way to go, but what we're basically looking for is the same range of options as we had with Trello in tracking the progress of sales opportunities as they move across a board.

willcurran
Top Contributor

@dharmesh put Endless (430132) down for a beta test!

To answer your question about who gets notifications, Hubspot owner/specific users/channels should all be options.

Tayloroster

@dharmesh I know that you posted your note looking for beta testers for the integration a few months ago, but if you are still looking for testers Influence & Co. would be interested. 

Thanks! 

Vik
Participant

You can use the Dossier Chat (integrated with HubSpot). It sends all website chats to Slack, to a group of people who are designated as chat agents. It's available on the Slack app store at https://slack.com/apps/A590B6TR6-dossier-for-work.

settimio

Put ONU down for beta on Slack integration

mbm_bq

I agree - any updates on this feature?

Ant

Ok quick update on the ideal Slack integration for my team. 

We have tried two systems that do offer good integrations, but which, for other non-related reasons, are not ideal. 

Notification of card changes in trello to SlackNotification of card changes in trello to Slack

Firstly Trello - when we update a card in trello we can pipe across to slack a notification to a cvhannel of our choice thatincludes the key details of the card and the update. 

Notification in slack from prosperworksNotification in slack from prosperworks

Secondly ProsperWorks - this CRM really takes Slack integration seriously, and provides elegantly formatted and clear notifications that are well worth reviewing.

Both these applications ought to be taken as examples of good slack integration of the level that is required by companies such as ourselves. Thanks.

andygould
Contributor

A simple notification I love is something I'm used to in Pipedrive - getting notifications any time a deal changes stages (I'm an admin, so for every deal). 

Also, when a note is left in a deal you own. 

Also, when a contact hits your site, opens something, basically any interaction could be fed to you via a bot. 

micleiden_BE
Participant

Hi Guys,

@ Hubspot Team:

How come that MESSAGE is not yet integrated with #SLACK as #ZENDESK or #INTERCOM do already ?

Due to this we have decided to desactivated message and go to INTERCOM because we know how important are the 5 first minutes after getting a message or inbound lead. 

Hope that Hubspot will do the API Slack integration ASAP. (Zapier is not reliable enough for Chat) 

micleiden_BE
Participant

Other option: a HUBSPOT MESSAGE APP for mobile to answer directly.

Lionheart-Paul
Participant

Also, when you are on the move, having a Messages converssation in Slack would be so handy!

Vik
Participant

You can try Dossier chat which uses Slack as the manager/responder for chats and syncs to HubSpot CRM. The native Slack app puts all website chats in Slack channels and you manage the entire conversation in Slack. From the Slack app directory (https://www.dossier.work/chat/😞

Dossier syncs incoming and outgoing email, messaging and website chat, and organizes documents, tasks and more into intelligent Slack channels that are synced with Gmail, Outlook, Asana, HubSpot, Salesforce, Salesforce Chatter, Microsoft Dynamics, Zendesk, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.

Here's how the chat works with HubSpot. When visitors get identified by email, then the contact, his/her company, and email conversations get added to HubSpot. There's a video on how the website chat works with Slack.

Dossier chat in the Slack mobile appDossier chat in the Slack mobile app

trip
Participant

we agree with @kbento the ability to be able to auto post to slack an update to a hubspot company or deal record would be a game changer. In our use cases, we keep all internal teams up to date with meetings and calls in slack-- so the information in the CRM about comapnies and clients need to get to slack in automated fashion once updated into the CRM. PLEASE put this on the roadmap-- it will make the HS CRM stickier.

leonardknight

I agree with the above statements concerning Trello & Slack...they have done an incredible job!

It would be cool to have that level of integration with HubSpot.

Some sample commands I would love to see

• /hubspot search {contact or company} - It would be very cool if this command returned all matching results (similar to trello) and allowed you to select additional commands for the contact or company. For example, you might have the option to add a quick note from Slack or Call or Create a Ticket (maybe a trello card with the contact info could be created and use trello as a ticketing system). Or if hubspot adds some sort of support/ticketing system, it could be created there.
  • /hubspot remind {reminder text}

Just these would be awesome!