HubSpot Ideas

SeanHenri

Slack Integration with Messages (Chat)

It's challenging to keep the Messages app open all the time in my browser. It would be amazing if I could be notified of new chats in Slack.

Even better would be the ability to hold the entire conversation right in Slack, with the option to switch over to the CRM.

68 Comentarios
plllmg
Participante

@hroberts
Thanks for the update!
I'm going to give it a spin. Is there any reason why Hubspot needs permissions this extensive?

HubSpot will be able to read any messages you can see in public channels, private channels, direct messages, and group messages.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 16.42.05.png

sebastianulbert
Colaborador

That's great news, was waiting for it. Two questions:

1. I am interested in @plllmg's question too.
  2. What should happen in Slack? I did the connection, but when people start using the messages chat nothing shows up in Slack.
vffrench971
Participante

Hi there, 

Same as @sebastianulbert and @plllmg here. 

1. Why Hubspot needs permissions this extensive?
2. I did the connection, selected a channel (private). But when people start using the messages chat nothing shows up that Slack channel. I do receive a notification under the "Hubspot Bot" but that's it. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 9.30.05 AM.png

etrimble
Participante

Same question. I set it up, but when someone started a message, it did not go to the Slack channel, so I missed it. 

How is this supposed to work? I have a private channel set up and linked it to the Messages part via the set up in Hubspot. 

DeeBat
Miembro

@etrimble @vffrench971 @plllmg @sebastianulbert

To all the guys here, I had the same issue. Chat didn't appear in my private channel even after I set it up. Here's the solution:

Just simply invite hubspot in the channel you expect the chat notifications. "/invite @hubspot" . Done & done.

I hope this will help you as it helped me.

Cheers,

Denis

hroberts
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi all - we have a note about private channels in the knowledge base article, but based on all this feedback I'll recommend we make that more obvious during set up!

vffrench971
Participante

@hroberts@DeeBat

Thank you for your help.

It worked and solved the problem for me 😉

Best, 

khelal
Miembro

Is there an easy way to be notified in Slack whenever a deal is won or lost (or enters a specific stage for example)?