HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Simple calculations in contact properties

Vaguely related to this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Contract-value-calculator/idi-p/515

It would be nice to be able to do additions, substractions and multiplications in contact properties & associated workflows.

HubSpot Updates
Re: Simple calculations in contact properties - changed to: Delivered
September 11, 2018 12:22 PM

Calculated and roll-up properties are now available in Marketing, Sales, and Service Enterprise portals. See this knowledge doc (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/create-calculation-properties) for more information!

Investigating
April 03, 2017 12:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback and examples. We are discussing calculated properties, and would like to add them at some point in the future.

33 Replies
Dan-Toast
Participant

Would be really great to see this feature.

I've created a quiz and want to be able to calculate peoples answers but there's no way to do this.

KarenR

We're a nonprofit. We have two different custom contact properties, one that shows the total donation amount users made in our old donation platform, and one that shows total donation amount in the new platform. We want to be able to provide a monthly impact/donation summary to users that sums these two amounts.

It would be great if workflows and contact properities could do a simple calculation like this instead of me having to manually export + run the numbers in Excel + reimport every time.

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

Apply to DEAL property not just contact or company property.

Justinmiller

Upvote on this feature.  We need to calculate MRR from deal value and term

LauraTufis
Participant

I second this.  We would need to calculate percentages out of custom number deal properties and then use this for reporting. Is this on the roadmap for the near future? Thanks!

kybmaster

We need this to calculate the total value of a deal. We have splitt the deal into different cost/revenue items. When modifying these items, the total value should updated automatically.  This could be sums and sometimes multiplication of monthly fees x number of months.

LauraTufis
Participant

Same here, we have custom pricing and it'd be really helpful if  the total deal amount could be calculated automatically.

erikakerlund

This is basic stuff and I am amazed that Hubspot as a sales tool does not have this functionality. Upvote and get this implemented please!

Leah2
Participant

this has been a request for 18 months... unreal.

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

Calculated and roll-up properties are now available in Marketing, Sales, and Service Enterprise portals. See this knowledge doc (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/create-calculation-properties) for more information!

erikakerlund

Thanks for finally implementing this but to only make this available on the Enterprise plans is a bit harsh. My deal is based on a couple of components that I want to separate for various reasons but I want the total amount to be reflected as the total deal value. This is not possible at the moment and many other CRMs offer this in their lower plans. Please consider making this available on the Starter or Professional plans as well.

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

Nice job Hubspot product team. We may not agree about it's licensing/edition placement (I don't - this isn't a sophisticated enterprise feature), but glad to see this enhancement.

Now let's voice our feature concerns to our respective Customer Success or Sales teams.

LauraTufis
Participant

Yes, great it's out but really disappointing that it's only available for Enterprise....I really didn't expect this.