HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Simple calculations in contact properties

Vaguely related to this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Contract-value-calculator/idi-p/515

It would be nice to be able to do additions, substractions and multiplications in contact properties & associated workflows.

33 Replies
Martin83132
Participant

Excellent idea to mesure the ROI of a camapgne.

@lsirac wrote:

Vaguely related to this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Contract-value-calculator/idi-p/515

It would be nice to be able to do additions, substractions and multiplications in contact properties & associated workflows.

AndyPitre
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the feedback and examples. We are discussing calculated properties, and would like to add them at some point in the future.

Stanczak
Contributor

Hi Andy. Please consider another scenario for calculated properties. This one is more relevant to companies: 

My organization's account management lead just yesterday asked for a way to calculate a weighted "priority score" for companies that are already customers. As a rough example: account size property + unresolved support issues property + potential revenue property = priority score.

Tasks related to high-priority records get assigned to specific hubspot owners, low-priority records to different owners. Also a filtered view of companies sorted by this calculated priority score can show at a glance where we need to spend most of our energy.

kbento
Contributor | Diamond Partner

A bit late to the party here, but I discuss how to do this in my article on using Zapier with HubSpot here.

Would love to see calculated fields built into the CRM, though. It would eliminate our need to need to leverage other tools (like zapier and google sheets) for a handful of our basic CRM usage.

jsola

My use case would be to do simple calculations on Amount of sale divided by customer property that is "actual cost of goods" to provide commission statements to sales reps.

Stanczak
Contributor

Similar to jsola, we'd combine a deal "Amount" field with a custom property dollar amount field. In this case, software licensing fees (in Amount) plus service fees (in a custom property) for total deal revenue.

Currently we need reporting to show just the licensing revenue, so we cannot put the true total in the default deal "Amount."

CTAKevin

I will definitely second on this.

dorecchio
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I agree with this request but also want to be able to create calculated properties in Deals as well.  

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

Need the same here. Main use case would be to compute deal value based on other properties. Which means we would need an if function.

greg_lewis

Second everyhting here. We waste way too much time manually calculating deal fields or 'properties': customer license amount, discount %, net license amount, customer annual maintenance, net annual maintenance, commission %...

All these 'properties' could be auto-calculated from two custom deal fields: # users and % discount.

Stanczak
Contributor

Great idea, @greg_lewis . We regularly discount on licensing, but never thought to track this in HubSpot. If such a feature were implemented not only would it save our reps time in calculations, but our sales leaders would find the total discounts a great insight at the end of the quarter when viewed per product, per industry, or per sales rep.

vernierd
Participant | Elite Partner

Yes, calculated fields would be of great value. Something I have missed several times is just being able to fill a data field with the current date. 

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

In SFDC we have a "weighted amount" field (amount * deal's probability). This is done via a standard formula field type in SFDC. Please add formula as a property/field type.

agkmay

Agreed! We would love to be able to have a field recognize:

(Deal Amount) - (Field X) = (Field Y)

jsola

Unfortunately nothing has been done in nearly a year so I have been forced to move to Salesforce because of this simple missing formula. I hated the idea because Hubspot is amazing in so many ways, but this was a hard requirement from my CEO and my hands were tied.... Big machine, here we come... (p.s. we set up the working calculation in Salesforce in less than 2 hours....)

David1
Participant

Calculated fields on Deals have been needed for some time.  This should be huge priority.   Please please please make this happen.

jasonzagami

I'm also looking for this functionality for a client. They had weighted sales figures (deal amount x likelihood percentage). HubSpot, any idea when it will be available? 

Stanczak
Contributor

Hi @jasonzagami. While you are waiting for HubSpot's response you might want to use the revenue projection features built into HubSpot's CRM. Essentially, when you set up your deal stages you can assign a likelihood percentage to close to each deal stage. Each deal is given a dollar amount. Now, when deals progress through the sales funnel your reports can automatically show the projected revenue based on deal amount and likelihood percentage.

Deal weighted total report - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/deals/what-is-the-deal-weighted-total

Setting up deal stages - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/getting-started-with-the-hubspot-crm-free/how-to-set-up-your-deal-pipe...

Hope this is helpful.

jasonzagami

@Stanczak Yes. Thank you. 

Leah2
Participant

Our customer deals are largely based on loan to value, a factor that is calculated on the back end, as homeowners often don't know their loan to value (LTV).

Our previous dev team set up a backend field that did this calculation.

Not being able to have a loan to value field that is autocalculated on the back end for us to see is going to be hugely burdensome. Not being able to group contacts/leads by (LTV) and prioritze, automate replies and workflows is going to be problematic and time consuming.

basic calculations shouldn't be that hard ((property a / property b) * 100) (or not even multipled by 100 would be fine).

... this has been an issue for almost a year and a half. any insight as to when this will be able to launch?