HubSpot Ideas

sgmichael

Signatures API

As an administrator, it would be helpful if I had a way to systematically update email signatures for all users within my HubSpot account. With our email system, we have a daily job that runs to update everyone's email signature so they are always up to date and correct. If we could use that same job to also update signatures within HubSpot, that would be a big help. Currently when we update signatures, I have to go through each user and email them their HTML that they have to copy/paste into their own signature since I cannot manage their account. 

21 Replies
Truby

Please! 

We change banners on our signatures monthly, having to update 100 users signatures manually is terrible!

Alexrott
Contributor

yes!

we need to be able to manage signatures centrally and in bulk!

nikov

Yes, being able to update the signature via owners' API would be a great addition.

PThomas
Participant

Walking our sales team through the process of copying and pasting and html signature into hubspot is something I hope we can avoid in the future! Please add this feature.

KMace
Participant

I agree with this. We have over 30 sales reps and it's hard to keep them updated correctly since admins don't even have acess to manage the signature.

Herman
Participant | Elite Partner

Possible solution to implement it:

- Possibility to create some signature templates (like quote templates) with user tokens in it

- Add option in user provising API endpoints in order to select the correct signature template for that user (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/settings/user-provisioning )

arlogilbert
Contributor

+1 on this - I'd love to see the ability to set up more stuff programatically for our team, including:

• Phone numbers - Having each person do this indepenently is ridiculous when a company phone number(s) have been setup.
  • Signature - Let us update en masse.
  • Profile photos - Let us both set these (via SSO even?) but also let us get them.
  • Calendar settings - Let us enforce meeting domain and enable features such as Inbox Automation

Overall there are a number of individualized settings that admins should be able to override.

Herman
Participant | Elite Partner

With office 365 and Google suite we have numerous clients that use tools to dynamically change the signature of their employees (link/banner for upcoming event for example). This would be also a nice enterprise level addition to be able to add this company wide for Hubspot users. 

Dmytro42

Hello, any updates on this? Hubspot still doesn't provide API to change signature?

jeandevesvrotte

It would be a nice Marketing Hub feature! 

cst_andrew

I just spoke to someone on live chat who said this feature is being worked on. Is this correct and if so when will it be released? It appears that the only way to update signatures currently is manually which is extremely cumbersome and time consuming. We need centralised control of signatures 🙂

PHafner93

Yes please! This would be extremely helpful for automated cloud-based signature management.

Iffah
HubSpot Employee

Submitting on behalf of customer- Would help expand potential integration features if this API is implemented

TV3

Guys, that is not serious - this feature request is open since more that 2 years - and no actions from your side since then. It is an important feature. Looking forward to your feedback

KimM
Top Contributor

While I don't think there is an API for this, you can centrally update everyone's signatures with presets. So it does mean you only need to update it once for the whole company (or if it's a specific signature for a group of people then for that group). 

Here's the guidance: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/manage-user-preferences-with-user-groups

You do have to go through and set up user tokens for every individual at the beginning (for example job title). But it's way faster than the previous approach.

TV3

@KimM That doesnt work for photos - only for text. And onyl Enterprise plan offers a possibility to manage all signatures from one site. So Hubspot did it stupid, truly.

riipenadmin
Participant

I also want this, either via API or csv upload or some central place, please!

Gary_Allgo

Yeah, it would be a great feature to have professional, standardised email signatures for each HubSpot user based on a company-controlled design that is centrally managed. 

At the moment, the free HubSpot email signature tool cannot even be accessed and saved in your HubSpot account, so it’s pretty useless for trying to manage a team of people and give them great looking, professional email signatures (in both HubSpot and Google Workspace)

LeeEllis
Participant

Administrative API access to push signature updates? Why would one not want this? Yes, please.

ShaunMarais

Absolutely essential for a large corporation, like ours, where we have strict legal requirements for all our Agents's signatures. 
Any progress on this?

Regards
Shaun
Seeff