HubSpot Ideas

jmadore

Show total price rather than price per recurring interval with quotes

With the way the quote tool currently works, we have a total price column that will show the cost per the recurring interval of time. For example, if the product is a recurring monthly payment, it will show "$ price / month," rather than the total price for the complete term of the quote.

Customers would appreciate a way to toggle between this view, and simply showing the total price. The inability to change this could lead to confusion with customers, and having the ability to show the total price under the total price column would help out customers out.

48 Replies
natedame
Participant

Totally agree. This is a huge point of confusion.

JSC
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

+1 on this !
I don't understand why the quote total does not take into account the duration of the subscription.

If you have an annual and a monthly subscription, it adds the amount per period, which makes absolutely no sense.

JKalfayan
Participant

How is this not a feature? I want to provide something at a monthly rate for a specific term (number of months). The term is already a field in hubspot but when it does the calculations/totals - it doesn't utilize the term to calculate the total - it just shows the monthly amount as both the monthly subtotal and the total. This makes absolutely no sense and is horribly confusing. Please FIX IT!

JKalfayan_0-1623786649856.png

natedame
Participant

I agree. I just had another customer ask about this (to see the total more clearly). I had to add it to the "comments" section, a rather funky work around!

Constantin

totally agree! This would be very helpful and reduce confusion + need of workarounds.

katietang_bc

Any solution for this?

SPellicer

Not having the ability to show the entire contract value in the total makes the Hubspot Quotes worthless to us.

Virtually all of our clients pay a one time fee and a monthly maintenence fee.. so like this:

$5000 one time fee

$2500 monthly fee x 12 months 

The total contract value is $35,000

But the Hubspot quote shows the total as $7,500... which is the one time fee + one month... which makes no sense at all.

MKober

Is this still not fixed? That is just so bad in terms of experience..

IvDv

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!! You already have that number, we can see total contract value during edit. Why we cant add it in final quote for client? This is so important info for the client....last what we want to deal is angry client who didnt understand our quote properly...we cant afford such a misunderstanding in our sales process. 

SHolzner

this is such a mandatory feature for a quotation tool...
the fields are all there...
i made a workaround and show a summery of the terms and the MRR and TCV  in a comments field.
but then there is the next issue, that a fee or discount which is added in the quote doesn't affect the TCV and the MRR 😞

it would be really usefull if you give this tool a bit more love ❤️

NXavier

This is complete trash. How is this not a feature?

AMulready
Contributor

Using quotes heavily now, this doesn't make any sense why it can't be done? Shows in ACV field?

CKollrich

That's outright absurd

RoccoSavage

C'mon Hubspot!

GTorres-Soler

We definitely need this too. It's great to have a fee e-signature tool with Enterprise/Prof but what's the point? We also need to show ACV and Monthly. Useless without it. 

frwck

+10000

SHeilig

Is there any progress on the Hubspot side? This is wild as such a logical feature is not implemented yet! 
As others mentioned, its not just that we pay for this tool and then still need to create workarounds but also its been mentioned here for almost half a year now! 

NXavier
Yea I'd say if this isn't amended by the start of Q4 we are probably going to being shopping for a new crm
TIvanovic

How is it possible that this is still not fixed? Such a mandatory feature...  This is just so very bad in terms of the overall customer experience...

DavyCinco
Participant

Huge issue. This is part of the reason we invested in Hubspot and should be tablestakes.