HubSpot Ideas

Invorio

Sync Tasks with Calendar (Google/Outlook)

When I schedule a task (eg call) I'd like a check box to show the task in Google Calendar (like meetings, but without mailing the contact).  

241 Comentarios
carlosreynolds
Miembro

Would be great to have this feature.

Then, in Google Calendar I could make the Task either busy/available for things that are needed to get done/can be booked over by a Meeting. 

marieeve
Miembro

It would be wonderful if tasks created in Hubspot could be shown in an Outlook calendar! The goal is to vizualize tasks according to their deadline, and reminders could be set to appear via Outlook too. Thanks!

mikeatmongoose
Participante

Hi HubSpot Community, 

Our previous CRM was able to take Google Calendar events (if formatted correctly) and turn them into tasks within that CRM. This would be AMAZING for HubSpot. I wouldn't need to create individual tasks, it's not the same as a workflow or sequence since this is really driven by client outreach. Could this become a feature? Or is there a way to already do this?

imageurs_am
Miembro | Partner

We need this feature too ! 

Brockney
Miembro

Firstly, I would like to say that HubSpot is an excellent CRM and database system, thank you.

However, I am astonished that we cannot synchronise tasks to our Google Calendar.

A CRM is an essential component of time manangement and I can't understand why a seemingly straightforward option is not there?

I am currently using the free version, for which I am very grateful, and would in no way object to a monthly fee (within reason of course) if this option could be added.

Please can this be considered, whether free or paid?

I love the work I do, however after a head injury that required brain surgery I do have issues with time management and being able to have reminders for all of my tasks would make a phenomenal difference to my workrate and productivity.

Thanks for your time 🙂

jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad

Hey @Brockney,

Glad to hear you are enjoying HubSpot! If you are interested in seeing tasks sync to Google, I would recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

Brockney
Miembro

Yes, HubSpot is a fantastic CRM! Please read through this message and you will see an unfortunate error of information in the HubSpot blog...

How to Use Google Calendar: 18 Features That'll Make You More Productive
URL: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/google-calendar-tips

Step 17 is entitled: "Sync meetings with your CRM"

The first paragraph writes:
Use a CRM daily? It can be annoying to back and forth between your Google Calendar and your CRM. Instead, dive into your CRM settings to see if there's an existing integration with Google Calendar.

Correct, and personally it defeats the object for me.

The second paragraph states that: 
"HubSpot CRM users, you're in luck -- it's quick and easy to set up this integration. Learn more how here."

I got really excited!

Try the hyperlink that states "Learn more how here." - it links to a broken page!

It will seem that HubSpot are already aware of our desire to sync with Google Calendar and it also seems that there is a glitch. Could you pass this on to your blog team and your tech team please?

All I need to do, is..... get notifications for tasks that I have scheduled and it will be full steam ahead from me!

Brockney
Miembro

Hey @jennysowyrda

I have submitted a detailed suggestion here for what I believe would be useful.

This is the url (shortened for easier reading): http://bit.do/the-calendar

It also gives indications of errors in the blog section which I hope helps.

Best wishes

Brockney

jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad

Thanks @Brockney,

I've just reached out to the team regarding the broken link-thank you for passing that along! Thanks also for sharing the link to your idea! 🙂 

dsavage
Participante

Please let us know if this is in development. 

Setting up tasks in Hubspot makes absolutely no sense for me if the tasks get constantly overlooked because they're not in my calendar.

ecusmano
Miembro

Any update on the Google calendar integration? Big missing piece for us. Thanks!

Valery
Miembro

Hi,

Any progress with this feature?

Thanks

Francis_ZIVVER
Participante

Big wish for our Sales team as well! Why isn't HS answering the questions of her customers? 

I upvoted this idea.

Btw: these comments are not the only one on this topic. See: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Tasks-Google-Calendar-sync-problem/td-p/15188

jacqueg
Miembro

When setting a task, give the option to check a box that adds it to your google calendar. I don't think all tasks need to be synced, but some tasks do. Many times when I end a sales call, I have a specific time and date set for follow up. Currently I have to create the task inside hubspot and then go to my google calendar and create a calendar event for the follow up. It is redudant work and not a good use of my time as a sales professional. 

When a "meeting" is booked using my hubspot link, it automatically creates a calendar event for me. We need that same feature for the "tasks" process as well. 

Alexaustin
Miembro

I have to say I'm really disappointed with the utterly pathetic lack of response from Hubspot, they ask us to contribute ideas and then simply ignore them. I need integration into my Outlook calendar, as I'm sure many people do, I don't see why on Earth it would be so difficult to just acknowledge our requests and give some feedback.

Camirand
Participante

Upvote, it's urgent... there is so much waste of time From agenda + task list / pipeline without any sync

Thanks

LaurieY1
Miembro

Ditto all the above comments... Calendar feature is great for inbound sales when clients are wanting to book an appointment but as an outbound salesperson, not having this feature of being able to plan tasks into my day is a real pain.

I call different time zone regions and having this task sync to calendar feature would be awesome. 

Would be glad of any advice on how other Hubspotters are doing it effectively now. 

Karen-NWHS
Miembro

I have a very basic work around. I go to my task list every morning and just work down the list, opening each account and making calls from my cell phone. I can't use the dialer from brower because my internet is so slow. I also make a handwritten list each day just to make sure I'm getting all the calls made AND it satisfies my need to check things off a list. The Task List disappears when you've checked off the task which doesn't satisfy my need to see all the boxes checked. ACT crossed out the calls as you made them but they were still on your calendar. I miss the feature that ACT has where it lists all your scheduled calls. Unfortunately you can't schedule a call in Hubspot unless you send a confirmation email to the customer which wouldn't work for what I do. Would LOVE an update at some point. I wish my customers were as good as everyone in this forum about telling you what the issue was. Easy to fix things when you know what they are and especially if another app has successfully done this. If anyone else can share their workarounds that would be great!

JohnH
Miembro

I think integration with outlook is essential. Would be far more efficient to have tasks on one platform.

jinglemarket
Participante

I really am surprised to see this - and it also makes me wonder what the scheduling tools actually helps me.

Please let us know if this will be fixed because otherwise we have to switch CRMs