Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Show contact notes separately

It's useful to see & scroll through the contact timeline (emails, tasks, calls..) but contact Notes shouldn't be lost in that pile, as they are not necessarily specific to a moment in time, but are more general or contain key info to be seen before calling the contact.

Notes should be listed separately and prominently (maybe above the timeline in an expandable box?). If notes can be added by different users, this notes display should be filterable by author. They should be right there, visible without clicking or scrolling, in the same way that email and phone numbers should be right there. This (in my experience) is normal practice in other CRMs.

To be more generic, maybe you could have two timeline windows (both with a much more compact layout - see suggestions elsewhere) which can each have their own filters. The filter choice remains until explicitly changed and can be saved as a view layout. That way each user can customise the contact view to give them the data they need.

4 Replies
Invorio
Regular Contributor

Have I posted this in the wrong forum? Should be CRM

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Invorio, thanks for posting on the Ideas forum, you are in the right place!

I actually might have a workaround for you in this issue which could help to resolve your problem. Indeed, timeline events can be filtered by type. So, if you wanted, you could simply unselect all timeline events, and then choose only notes to be displayed. In this way, you would see only the notes left on the contact's timeline, and nothing else. Here is a gif of what this would look like:

filter_notes.gif

Let me know if this helps! -May

Invorio
Regular Contributor

Hi May,

thanks, I am aware of this multi-click workaround. My suggestion is that notes should be right there, visible without clicking or scrolling, in the same way that email and phone numbers should be right there. To be more generic, maybe you could have two timeline windows (both with a much more compact layout - see suggestions elsewhere) which can each have their own filters. The filter choice remains until explicitly changed and can be saved as a view layout. That way each user can customise the contact view to give them the data they need.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Invorio thanks so much for your response and specification! I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the filtering option - I will add your clarification to the body of your original idea as well so that other users can find/agree with it more easily.