HubSpot Ideas

lujemo

Show child companies in Target Account overview of parent company

We need the functionality to display child companies and associated info in the target account overview of a Parent company account. 

Currently, if we have the parent company as a target account, we can't see any child company information. We have to add the child company as a separate target account, but it should be nested in the Parent Company target account overview. 

Example: 
We have parent company ABC, and child company XYZ. 

We should be able to add ABC as a target account, and when we click to see the overview, we should be able to see child company XYZ in the same window in the Target Account view, along with all of the contacts, deals etc under XYZ

30 Replies
kusionowicz

We need this as our target accounts tend to be major corporations with many subdivisions and daughter companies

lujemo
Participant | Elite Partner

Agreed, I think this is vital functionality, especially for Marketing and Sales Enterprise portals!

benesch_e
Contributor

I work with several very large companies that have many sites around the country, being able to label the Parent company as a Target company and having the child companies nested under would be very helpful. 

it would also be really cool if the parent target account could display the combined child companies open deals, open deal value, missing buying role, and missing decision makers so a sales director could see the high level account overview.

danschroer
Member | Diamond Partner

I agree with the community, this a needed improvement.   Our organization sells large organizations with Corporate Headquarters and Plant locations throughout the United States.  We need to Target and account at the Corporate Level (Parent) and see all sales activity at the Plant Level (Child).  For our organization, this is a huge priority.  

Lucinda
Contributor

Yes PLEASE!!! Desperately need to see an overview of all child companies within the top-level parent company record. As a B2B company, we keep address details on the company record (so if they move location we only have to amend the company record and not each individual contact), therefore each office location is set up as a child company. 

dstemo
Participant

We have a unique situation where we work with publishers that own journals. We have made some hacky workarounds where the publisher is the parent company and the journals are the child companies. But it's not easy to manage. When the ABM feature was brought out of beta we were very excited to try and use it since we started an ABM strategy last winter. 

However, having it be a 1:1 with account <--> company, it makes the ABM feature much less useful for us. We would love to move our process over to using it, but without that key feature, we don't see the bang for buck.

It would be great if we could associate multiple companies with 1 account. Or, if a parent company is associated with an account, their child companies get associated with the account. 

RBerryIII
Member | Diamond Partner

Agreed - This is vital for National/Enterprise Sales Managers

Kierstin
Contributor | Diamond Partner

The ABM tools were a great addition to the platform, this cumulative data is critical for the usability of this feature. Enterprise companies have parent and child companies and we really need access to that data at the parent level to see all sales activity and account movement. 

DCarlin
Member | Diamond Partner

I couldn't agree more - this is functionality that would be highly beneficial to HubSpot customers.

ChristianRieck
Contributor | Gold Partner

That would be a great feature for the ABM functionalisties. The overview should also contain all the deals associated to the parent company as well as deals of related child companies. 

DS2021
Participant

We need this too. And for me, having not this feature is more like a bug, so please fix. 🙂 

kkbockin
Participant

Also agree... we have global key accounts and we want to view and there are dozens of child accounts under them. What is the point of this target account functionality if you can't get a holistic view of the account?

DHeywood

I love the overview of target accounts but not being able to see child entities and roll them up/break down means there's too many holes for this to be used. 

As a result, we're creating lots of additional dashbaords and reporting an a per account basis which isn't a patricularally efficient use of resource.

JW2020

I agree. Was this option ever added? Thank you kindly!

PKelly5

What's the status of this idea?  Is Hubspot considering adding?  It would make Hubspot a lot more valuable for large account targeting.

smacodemba

Also following up on this idea. Lots of potential in Target Accounts but this key function is still missing and makes it significantly more difficult to manage prospects.

Dan1
Guide

Hi All, 

I appreciate this is an idea for HubSpot on the target accounts, but I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread as we have something that I think applies to a lot of the comments everyone has made. We have built incredibly tightly with HubSpot and in particular with target accounts. 

@benesch_e 's reply sums up a lot of what we are hearing from our customers (who are all HubSpot users, selling to large businesses). 

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 15.20.53.png

We have some functionality within our HubSpot App OrgChartHub we call Account Mapping it works with the parent and child functionality to give you a visual of the structure and lots of insights including rolling up the combined deal values of the child companies. 

I have put together a very short demo video for you: 

If you would like access to the Account Mapping functionality then drop me a message on here or email me at dan@orgcharthub.com 

I hope this helps a few other fellow HubSpot customers who sell to large businesses. 

Kind regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps  
Dan1_0-1642779116950.png

Herman
Participant | Elite Partner

I agree. With an enterprise global client, this feature is now useless, without the child account data in the reports.

MartinK
Contributor

For us this is a critical issue. All our target accounts are global multinationals that operate multiple national organisations and cross-tier virtual teams. Only the top account is marked as target. Without rollup capabilities of non target sub-accounts into the the top target account the current ABM implementation is useless. 

LSeibel

Agree to everything said above. The whole target-account tab is such a good idea but unfortunatly it's missing some really important features. 

Currently I could just create a list of all my lighthouse clients and would pretty much have the same outcome.