HubSpot Ideas

mvm

Short survey asking people why they unsubscribed

Currently we can not tell WHY people unsubscribe. There is no report to generate about the why. MaillChimp had that feature.

Feature request is to add a drop down with reasons unbsubscribers can pick from as soon as they hit the unsubscribe link from the email's footer. There should be no reason why they need to hit a custom link to go to a different page to explain why they unsubscribed. 

Thanks!

HubSpot Updates
Re: Short survey asking people why they unsubscribed - changed to: In Planning
October 19, 2018 08:26 AM

This is on the team's radar and we are beginning to research how this will work/where it will fit in the platform. Stay tuned for updates/details on beta access!

26 Replies
TylerScionti
HubSpot Product Team

This is on the team's radar and we are beginning to research how this will work/where it will fit in the platform. Stay tuned for updates/details on beta access!

mvm

Heart

ridingforlife
Top Contributor

+1! This is really needed, and even a best practice suggested on the HubSpot blog: https://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/34022/28-quick-tips-for-customizing-your-email-preferen...

@TylerScionti Is there any update on this functionality since it is In Planning?

Thanks!

Ocadman
Participant

We would be very keen to have this functionlity too 

franklin_nguyen

Hello it's been two years since HubSpot latest reply, how is the status of this feature?

sarboledap
Participant

Any news about this implementation??

lmatheis
Participant

This is a big thing we would appreciate being added.  I know Constant Contact had this feature which we used.  If if it was due to content, then we knew we might need to change it up.  Or if it was due to "receiving too many e-mails", we knew we need to make some changes, etc.

Please consider and soon as this is even more important now with everything being done digitally and less in person due to COVID.

Thank you!

ridingforlife
Top Contributor

@TylerScionti Is there any update on this?

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hey folks,

I've been in contact with the Product team about this Idea.

At this time we don't have plans to develop this in the immediate future. This isn't to say that we'll never get to it, just that it isn't in our current development plans. The team is aware of the customer need, and has this on their radar, but it isn't in the immediate development.

Ocadman
Participant

I find this quite shocking - this is basic functionality and something even HubSpot themselves define as best practice in their materials and training. To not support this is quite concerning and makes me wonder what direction they are heading in, 

lallen
Participant

This would be incredibly useful to us as well. Highly recommend this be implemented soon, especially as we are developing email strategies and testing things in email, it's helpful to know why someone has unsubscribed from our emails. 

SimonH_Demodia
Participant | Elite Partner

Not quite sure why this is not being seen as important. Knowing why people unsubscribe from emails is essential to improving the experience for others. I consider this very important.

BearShark44

+1 requesting this functionality, would be useful. 

jtemplin

We got this detailed info during a BETA test HubSpot ran and it was SO HELPFUL! Super bummed it's no longer available and hope it gets added back in soon. Curious what data HubSpot collected during the BETA test that indicated it wasn't a good feature...

JWilson73

I definitely think Hubspot should add this feature. It is very helpful to understand why people are unsubscribing so that we can target our marketing better to potential customers. 

sfisch
HubSpot Employee

This would be a huge benefit as it would give context and insight into email marketing strategy 

SaferCycling
Contributor

I also need this feature. Actually, I'm sure that I saw it for a couple of unsubscribes last year, but now I feel like I'm losing my mind. 

I'm a free user and pretty much only use Hubspot for emails: I recently had 2% unsubscribe and am in danger of being permanently suspended. How am I supposed to know what's going wrong without knowing why people are unsubscribing?? I'm scared to send any more! 

Please get this back. 

PMlada

Any news on this issue would be super helpful.

ALopes

Being able to know why people unsubscribe is crucial to adjusting our marketing efforts and providing a better experience to the other subscribers.

Really disappointing that you abandoned the development of this idea that has being requested for such a long time.

katherine_bee

We would also like this functionality!! Any updates on progress?