HubSpot Ideas

MichaelWallis1

Shopify Integration - Sync Refunds

Hi 

We are using the Shopify integration with Hubspot to support customer and order syncing to contact and deals respectively. 

We have noticed when a refund is processed in Shopify the deal in Hubspot is not updated, leaving the full price of the product in the deals and muddling up all the revenue numbers.

This creates a lot of manual work to ensure the deal data is in sync with Shopify, it would be great if this could be automated.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
August 22, 2022 12:10 PM

Re: Shopify Integration - Sync Refunds
August 22, 2022 12:10 PM

Hello, I'm the PM for the Shopify integration.
I'm excited to share that this fix has been released 🎉
Refunds are synced into HubSpot from Shopify and total_price is updated to reflect the updated final amount  🎉 

Also the line items pertaining to the refund is deleted from the deal in HubSpot!

7 Replies
MaxDear

Hi Michael,

we are facing the exact same issue.

No idea, why this is not a standard function of the integration.

Could you set up any atomated workaround to solve that problem in the meantime?

Cheers

holloboles

Similar issue here, and wondering what the best way is to fix it. Would love a recommendation.

SuLing
Participant

We have the same problem. Customers sometimes request to change or cancel line items after checkout. We process the change in Shopify and new items added do sync to the HS deal but cancelled items are not removed from deal so the total amount increases making the HS deal data and reports inaccurate.  

CFoor

Same issue here. Would really like to know if there is a fix, workaround, or planned resolution! Seems like something that should absolutely be captured with an integration!

Mary_Pouliot
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone! I'm currently onboarding a customer with the exact same issue. I've identified this pain point occurs because of two main reasons: 1. The property that tracks refunded price in Shopify is titled "Net Payment" and is not currently a mappable field to HubSpot. This means automation cannot be created to update the "Amount" field to the correct price because we are not pushing the updated price to HubSpot. 2. The integration is set to not delete data in HubSpot if it's deleted in Shopify, which results in additional line items instead of updated line items. I'm pushing this feedback to our product team internally and have upvoted this post, and I hope this helps clarify the roadblock we're stumbling into. If I hear of or create any workarounds I'll post them here.

NamrathaBV
HubSpot Product Team

Hello, I'm the PM for the Shopify integration.
I'm excited to share that this fix has been released 🎉
Refunds are synced into HubSpot from Shopify and total_price is updated to reflect the updated final amount  🎉 

Also the line items pertaining to the refund is deleted from the deal in HubSpot!

NamrathaBV
HubSpot Product Team