HubSpot Ideas

abhijay

Settings to remove the amount next to deal name

The new update to Hubspot shows up a $ amount next to the deal name in the board view. We use the board view extensively, but most of our deals are within the organization clients and hence we don't associate it with a $ amount. This means, a "$0.00" appears next to each of the new deals we create in the board view. Would like an option to disable this and not make it mandatory. Seeing a $0.00 next to each deal we create is very misleading

15 Replies
UserLD

This idea would be super valuable.  We are hoping to share access to the CRM with our entire team and the deal amounts just aren't relevant for everyone. Having the ability to disable would solve both the issue for OP and our team.

ellierdz
Contributor

Is there any update on this? we don't want the deal amount on the name either we have a name structure and the amounts are just messing with that. Plus is irrelevant for members of the team to know that

jwusf

Hi, I would like to vote for the Deal Amount to be removed from the title as well... our pricing is based on a software licensing calculation, so we have created custom properties in deals to reflect that. Deal Amount is hidden from the default view, but then it shows up on the title which is unnecessary and misleading for us. 

TroyC

This is limiting us from using it in the way we would like to as well. We wish to share the CRM function with our operations team and purely have our sales team have oversight on the sales side/deals. Operations do not need to see the value of each Deal, only that it existists and the actions they need to support from that deal. A simple click or tick to hide the value amont for those outside of the sales access would be very useful and frankly essential for our operations. 

HighJump1

Regardless of the amount value, not sure I understand the value of having that information folded into the deal name.

BenA

Upvote for this issue. Our team has a standard convention for naming Deals which this feature interferes with.

MaxPower

I'm with HighJump1, why is this even a thing? Who wants that at the beginning of a deal name. There are other places to see the deal value, why put it in the name? The first thing everyone says when we show them the CRM is "take out the dollars out of the name". 

davemacolino

Is there any update on this??? I've looked and can't find an answer to this and agree that it's limiting the way I would like to use Hubspot. 

Amelieh

This only seems to show up on deals to which we added a Product or Line Items. We don't att these to every deal, and when we do, it still doesn't represent the value of the deal. Turning this on/off would be a great improvement. 

jasonbeckett

The problem with forcing this into being part of the deal name is our pricing is confidential and now every deal name is a  confifdentiality breach.  A simpe way to choose not to iclude the deal amount as a default solves my legal issues.  

roland_deshane
Participant

Would be best if this setting could be toggled on/off based on pipeline that the deal is in. 

GApolony
Participant

Perhaps I don't quite understand the request, but I bought this up with someone when I was looking at signing up. My deals, in both grid and kanban view, no longer have the amount as part of the deal name.

Line 1: Deal Name

Line 2: Amount

Line 3: Close Date

Line 4: Badges for contacts and companies.

I assumed this was a feature that could be turned on & off.

Joeiala

yes we need to simplify our screeen and less is more so how do we hide or shut off.  i like te option to show it or not

MitchSchanke
Participant

We use teams and it would be better for use not to have the amount properties being displayed when the deal owner switches the deal to another team.

CaseyWeiss
Participant

We have no variable in our company that we call Amount. So to be forced to use it isn't fun. I have to do creative workflows anytime someone edits it so that we can assure data accuracy. It would be so much easier to just remove it from view so people didn't use it.