HubSpot Ideas

yoramschwell

Setting future dates in properties

I have a property which is a date value to tell me when something needs to happen. I want to set this date automatically in a workflow when the contact does a different action (submits a form). Currently, I can only set the field to today or a static date. Please allow a formula like: Field = Today + 2 weeks.

11 Kommentare
Kgibson
HubSpot Employee

I agree, I think this could be very useful in relation to multiple objects. For example, there may be different dates that are milestones in the lifecycle of a deal and it would be helpful upon deal creation to establish those dates for automation so that views can be created to identify deals that need to be addressed in a specific time period. It would be helpful to have 3 options in workflows for setting a date property: 

A static date

Date of step 

X days/weeks ago/from now 

BrianTassey
HubSpot Employee

100% a MUST. I have seen so many use cases where HubSpot users need to forward-set a date property in a workflow ("next action date" type of stuff). It is possible through 3rd party options, but I do believe it would be huge if Users were able to do so within the system. What @Kgibson described above would be so perfect! 

ClemOaky
Teilnehmer/-in

100% agree. SaaS works with subscription models and the two informations you want to have at hand are:

How much is the subscription and if there is a length to the contract, when is the renewal date.

Setting a renewal date is impossible at the moment while a simple formula Start Date + Length of Contract = Renewal Date.

(where Start Date, Lenght of Contract and Renewal Date are three custom properties)

All in all another place where Hubspot falls short with regards to Contract Management...

FinallyMatt
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

Yeah, it's weird that this isn't available!

dkeir
Teilnehmer/-in

Need this!  

JSchiraldi
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed, this would be extremely useful.  

MortenL
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

We need the + 2 weeks to be + the value in a Property as the value will vary from deal to deal 

RKnott
Mitglied

This should not only be a simple process to add in, but is also an ESSENTIAL piece of my workflows!!  I sell memberships, and often people purchase one year of a membership.  I need to be able to store the date that their membership expires, and there does not appear to be any way to add one year on to a current date that is stored in my database.  THIS IS JUST NUTS!!!  PLEASE GET THIS RESOLVED QUICKLY!!!

VVenturino
Mitglied

This would be a very good feature to add!

NPW
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hello All,

If anyone is still searching for a workflow action to set a future date and/or specific date X days from Y, please upvote the following thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/More-workflow-options-for-date-properties/idc-p/75030...

Thank you!

Franci
Stratege/Strategin | Diamond Partner

Hello 🙋🏼‍

If you have ever struggled with calculating future or past dates, say hello to the Workflow Date Calculator app we have released!

Key Features:

- Set Missing Days: Choose your start date, select your target property, and enter the desired number of days/weeks/months.

- Compatibility: Works seamlessly with HubSpot's standard objects—contacts, companies, tickets, and deals.

Install the App: Head to the HubSpot Marketplace, install the Workflow Date Calculator, and get started for free.

Say goodbye to manual date calculations and hello to efficiency. 

Try the Workflow Date Calculator today and elevate your HubSpot workflow game!