HubSpot Ideas

jjokinen

Setting a Default Meeting Type for Meetings Created from Google Calendar

Although you can set the meeting type for booking a meeting through the Meetings Tool link, it's not possible to set the meeting type via the Google Calendar Integration when booking via your calendar.

This would be most helpful as the only way to change the meeting type afterwards is by doing so manually, every meeting one by one.

In our case, only meetings with a certain meeting type count towards our sales reps' targets but those meeting types cannot be set as the default meeting type when booking a meeting via the Google Calendar Integration.

11件のコメント
fuse-rachel
メンバー

We also have this exact issue. There also isn't a way to set this in a workflow as there doesn't exist a workflow action that can edit or update activities within a contact record.

This is super manual to track, and I think that tracking # of discvoery calls, product demos, etc. per rep are a common reporting need of sales orgs.

EPirinen
参加者

So much needed! It is so hard to keep the activity data up-to-date cause it's such a manual task. There's literally nothing, which would help. Right now, our sales reps must open one contact record at a time just to update meeting properties...That's ridiculous

NMarinho
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Ideally, we even want to SELECT a Meeting type directly from the Google calendar interface 🙂

ChanelleS
参加者

I'd like to second @NMarinho's comment!

JHinson
メンバー

100% we need this

JulesMalâtre
メンバー

So needed and so basic. Is already proposed by all sales engagement platforms...

Mhozjan
メンバー

Much needed.

We have 4 meeting types and reports (KPI's) are focused only on one meeting type. As Google calendar default setting is "blank" the reports are not showing correct numbers. Of sourse sales forgets to change this and then they need to manually modify each month (time consuming).

My temporary solution was to create a report where activity type (meeting) and meeting type (is set to show unknown only). This makes it easier to find such meetings.

iiaw
HubSpot Employee

Posting this on behalf of a Customer,

It would be great if a similar feature applies to Outlook when scheduling a Meeting. Although understandably as it is external to HubSpot, it currently contains only Outlook-Specific Meeting Properties and not Meeting Type which is Unique to HubSpot. Thank you!

lindseyc
メンバー

Yes we also track our sales reps activity by meeting type, and right now there's no option to select this when booking directly on Google Calendar. Such an important feature needed!

ALEasterly
投稿者

I would like to be able to quickly change the meeting type on the Hubspot Prospecting tool schedule view (currently I have to open a contact, find the meeting, edit the meeting and save) OR be able to select and update the meeting type directly in Google calendar.

PaulAuth
参加者

This is a real challenge for reporting and for my team of sales reps.

Right now google calendar is integrated to hubspot as we need this for booking meetings. However, with internal meetings showing up and counting towards goals this means our team we get false positive goals achieved. 

The use case to be able to remove or filter out internal meetings with a type label makes total sense. We just don't want our reps to have to do this manually everytime. I'd be ok if the meeting type only tracked if it was created in HubSpot, that's an easy way to solve for this.