HubSpot Ideas

Andy_g2m

Setting Default List Columns at a Global Level

Would it be valuable for anyone else to be able to set which property columns are visible on lists at a global level?

61 Replies
BoazYona

Upvote

akemlage

Upvote.  Agreed.  

LBurke
Participant

Upvote this too. Seems well overdue.

Gabik

Of course! Option to apply to current viewers list or to a an entire teams list. 

JMercer
Participant

Agree would be a great feature! Does anyone have an update on if this List default columns view feature is in the backlog / progressing? 

MMartinelli

yes! I work with many lists and it's painful having to every time edit all the columns!

SPS_Wakita

Our inside sales team is selecting customers in the Marketing Hub. A standard list needs to be created to identify contacts before field sales respond. Not all users can easily create a list. So I think it's more efficient to share the list created by the administrator with other users.

Andresm9

Estoy de acuerdo, pra facilidad de los usuarios desde el administrador poder configurar esta opción, salesforce tiene esta funcionalidad de administración.

PJH93

Yes agreed! Shocked that hubspot hasnt added such a simple feature in 2 years...

Gus_Röttgering

This idea was proposed so long ago and still not implemented. This is so useful I don't understand why it wasn't become a priority for the dev team.

Jamie_Miles

YES to this idea.  I am currently one of two people in our company with full Hubspot training as my directors do not have the time. It would be incredibly useful so that I can create a default view that covers exactly what they are looking for. 

DHeywood

I've got just shy of 100 users so having people set their own defaults is not really an option. Setting your own default also doesnt work if you then go to view contacts in a filtered view from a company record, ends up showing loads of usless information and needless queries into the team. Setting a global default for all users would save SO much time and hassle

abiblu
Contributor

I contacted HubSpot support for an update on this idea since no one from HubSpot has responded lately in the thread.

It looks like this thread will need more upvotes and traction before they budge. They said:

Ideas 2 (this one) and 4 have also been raised to the respective Product Teams in-charge, however it does look like a longer time would be needed for a status update/respond as there are several considerations in the radar.

On this note, I thought to also share with you this HubSpot Roadmap decks on www.hubspot.com/new. This roadmap provides broad updates on the coming features and the long-term vision of each Hub and the tools within.

Last but not least, I would like to definitely assure you that these ideas are all on the Product Team's radar and I had also further highlighted them to the team as well, but I do appreciate your patience as the Product team continuously reviews all of the submitted ideas to see how they would work together.

michaeljay201
Contributor

Just upvoted. I would also like to see this feature on Saved Views on the Contacts dashboard.

Yo_Be_Low
Participant

This would be a really useful feature - we create lists of contacts and want to display a bunch of properties that aren't an the left side of a contact's page. To force every user to manually edit the column display is silly.

CGraves

I would LOVE this feature 

Andrabi
Participant

Somebody, please make this happen. 

Ghais

I am shocked that this is not the default. I'd prefer that over having the feature of having the view be user personalized.

CarrieGallagher
Participant | Platinum Partner

I also just asked about this in support chat. It seems like this would have been implemented by now, especially since this request was posted in 2019.

RodStrauch
Thanks for you're support Carrie, hopefully one day HubSpot will include this functionality. It's important to make sure the teams have a consistent view of the data.