HubSpot Ideas

LouA

Set up workflow criteria with an as yet unsent email

I want to set up a workflow based on contacts being sent an email.  But unless I have sent that email or saved it for automation I can't select it as a criteria. Even if I schedule the send date, I can't use it in a workflow.

This would help with getting campaign elements together ahead of launch as I wouldn't have to create the workflow AFTER the initial email has been sent.

At the moment, I will have to wait until I've sent the email and then quickly build the workflow, test it, and then quickly make any adjustments as needed.

31 Comentarios
Wschutt
Miembro

It would be very helpful to be able to create a list based on contacts that have NOT been sent a particular email. This way, you can create lists based on which sections (after an If/Then branch, for instance) of workflows a contact is in; our team has come across several instances where this would have been helpful. This feature was also surprisingly missing from the Workflow enrollment possibilities. Please add this feature!

Deb
Colaborador | Partner
Colaborador | Partner

Best suggestion ever!

dustinexcel
Participante

I agree. This would be a nice feature. 

javirevi
Colaborador

For another reason I very much need the same:

I use lists to control if there are any errors in enrolment and the possibility to hvae people on a list that have:

- enrolled in workflow "A" but not received email "X" tells me if for some reason somehting is not working and lets me know in good time if my customers are being well informed. 

traceybartz
Miembro

Completely agree! Other automation systems do not have this limitation.

Here is our specific use case. For our monthly email programs we schedule all emails the day before they deploy. We also set up workflows with the enrollment criteria of if someone clicked a link on the email. I want to be able to schedule the email deployment and activate the trigger workflow at the same time.

Currently you can only use emails that have been sent as the enrollment criteria, I have to go back in the next day and activate the trigger workflow. This is annoying and adds an extra step to our internal workflow.

rdrew31
Miembro

Got my vote! Seems like a common sense capability to offer

mblank
Miembro

I have a similar need where a delay in processing prevented several enrolled contacts from being sent an email that was scheduled in a Fixed Date workflow. Pulling a list of those in the workflow who did not receive the email is cumbersome and requires creating "Smart List A" of those who were sent the email, then a second list of those in the workflow and are not in list A. A "Contact was not sent email" would simplify this.

alyssacarter
Colaborador

I ran into this exact same issue and would love to be able to use an email in a workflow before it's sent for the same reasons. Perhaps they could just not let you turn the workflow on until the email has been sent. That would be so helpful.

Tiffany
Participante

Is there any progress on integrating this feature? I would really like to see "Contact was not sent email." would be particularly helpful in managing my newsletter - if contacts have not yet received a newsletter campaign, I can send them a welcome email, instead of doing individual workworks for each instance, which gets messy very quickly! 

dtalso
Miembro

This seems like a function that someone missed when they designed workflow triggering. By being able to set up a workflow based on email engagement, whether or not it's been sent yet, is all about the beauty of automation. I don't want to set up an entire workflow, triggered on the open or click of a non-automated email, just to have to manually set the trigger after the campaign has started. Please open up the workflow triggers to include draft or scheduled emails.

Sebastian1
Miembro

Hi,

is it possible to create a workflow that contains a trigger for non-sent marketing emails?

e.g. contact has not yet been approved the communication abo

best regards

Sebastian Winter

Ballyhoo
Miembro | Partner

Please! We need this to be able to set up campaigns from start to finish. This is the stuff that HunSpot is made for.

bradmin
Asesor destacado

Here's the use case: 

Our org wants to be able to schedule an email to send at some point in the future. This is a non-automated email. We'd also like to send an internal notification to our sales team, any time contacts open the scheduled email. 

Currently, only emails marked as "Save for automation", or those already sent, can be referenced in a workflow. 

I understand the need for this setting, if you want to execute a send within the workflow actions themselves. I'm talking exclusively about the enrollment criteria. It would be nice to be able to plan an email, and build automation around it, in advance of the send.

Anonymous
No aplicable

Yes, very much needed !

jamabryan
Participante

This is very much needed. Having to remember to go back in and finish the automation after the email has sent is crazy!

CindyCK42
Miembro

How is this still not available???  We could really stream our own workflows--and set up the correct workflow when it is top of mind--to be able to create the email workflow before the email sends.  Agreed, it can be challenging to send the email and THEN set up the workflow, test it, modify any efforts we want. 

Bmadgwick
Miembro

This thread was started more than two years ago and I am amazed it hasn't been implemented yet given the fact that it is a simple request and one offered my multiple competitors to Hubspot as part of the basic workflow functionality. 

Is there any plan to have this implemented?

Callumgh
Participante

I can't believe this isn't a thing yet. I want to set up workflows before a campaign is sent. Really what is the problem here between draft and sent? It feels like a deliberate decision to make things more difficult.  

It is madness that my workaround has to be to set up a workflow using an old sent email, build it all and then once the campaign is sent go back and change the starting trigger to the campaign i have just sent. This makes trigger emails much more hassle. 

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
jtremblay
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all of your feedback on this thread.

While we don't currently have anything planned here, we are going to be reviewing this idea. We will update this thread as we learn more.

Best,

Jesse

Callumgh
Participante

Thanks Jesse, but very late 

I just sent the wrong triggger campaign to my users as i couldn't set auotmation up in advance properly as the campaign was still in draft. Then i forgot to change one field. This is a stupid feature of Hubspot.