HubSpot Ideas

Hilke

Set up and edit email signatures for other users

In some cases it would be useful to be able to set up and edit signatures for other users, whenever Marketing sets up automated emails for sales or account management.
Either those colleagues are not active users at the moment, or Marketing simply knows best how to quickly set up and edit signatures, which saves a lot of time.

At the moment there are two workarounds 
1) Add the colleagues as users to HubSpot, set the user permissions you want or don't want them to have, and work with them individually to create signatures in the profile section of the portal. This takes a lof of time thinking of a global organisation and more than three colleagues. 
2) Add a from name and a from e-mail address to an e-mail without adding the actual person as a user in the portal and creating manually create or copy and paste that person's signature into the e-mail body. This cannot be used for automated emails. 

We in Marketing do need to be able to set up and edit email signatures for other users. 

91 Replies
JRonald
Participant

Dynamic shape fields (as defined) is not integrated HubSpot capability in any version of HubSpot. Basically, you are searching out branching good judgment in bureaucracy teachnique as you can read. Again, not built-in HubSpot functionality. Try Typeform.

bcf
Participant

Yes

I agree 100% this will make it more efficient for the administrator to make sure email signature are the same and when an update is required all email signatures are done at one time.

SuperGenius

Looking like lots of votes here since I posted this idea several years ago but with no response or product updates from the HubSpot team.  I guess it's time to build an app for Marketplace 😆.

PThomas
Participant

It has been 3 months since the last update, @Flora do you have what you need from a requirements perspective? 

HugoVenter

Upvoting this. We do HubSpot implementations for major corporate and not having central control over something as simple as an email signature creates additional, time-consuming work.

jaleonard19
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I'm taking this over from @Flora. We've actually progressed from In Planning to In Development. We're targeting something in Q1 of next year to have a Private Beta (subject to change). 

If you're interested in taking part shoot me an email (jaleonard@hubspot.com), and if you could include your HubID that would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Jake 

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

vledevin
Participant

Hello @jaleonard19  I believe you'ere working on this one, I really need this feature as our sales thuys are using only salesforce ! what's the status?

May thanks

virginie

jaleonard19
HubSpot Product Team

This is now in Beta! 

If you're interested in taking part shoot me an email (jaleonard@hubspot.com), and if you could include your HubID that would be appreciated. 

jaleonard19
HubSpot Product Team

Setting up email signature and additional preferences for users is now available to all Professional and Enterprise customers. The functionality, Presets, is located in your account under Users & Teams. You can leverage Presets if you are a super admin or have the permission to edit Presets. Please feel free to email me () if you have questions or feedback. You can also refer to our Knowledge Base article to help you get started.

harriskenny
Contributor | Partner

Hi I just wanted to thank you for shipping this, it's a great feature. The workflow for updating the custom tokens is a little funky but once you do it once you get it. This is SO helpful for a large implementation we're doing. Thank you!