Set timestamp with a workflow

Dear HubSpot team, 

I would like to set individual timestamps with a workflow since I need to store the exact time and therfore "date of step" is not enough. 

I already tried to add it via "set property value" and the variable "{{to_local_time(local_dt)}}. But this is currently only stored as a simple string (see attached screenshot).

property value.PNG

Your support wrote the following about this request:

"At the moment it is not possible to add HubL variables into workflows. This is why adding {{to_local_time(local_dt)}} into the property action would not work and would not save the timestamp.

I did a little bit of digging around this, however, at the moment it is not possible to save time into a property. This is because at the moment, HubSpot does not support custom Time properties."

I hope you will be able to implement this soon (maybe you can make all general variables usable with workflows).

HubSpot updates
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor

+1

HubSpot Employee

+1. This would be really beneficial. Use case:
Creating a "time between" calculated property, to calculate the amount of time between when a ticket was opened and another custom property. Using a workflow we are only able to set the date for this custom property, but since the create date has a timestamp, ideally this custom property that is set by the workflow would too, so we can accurately calculate the "time between" those two properties. 

New Contributor

+1. Its a great idea. In our case we use different lifecycle properties then the original one and would like to set a timestamp on the lifecycle changes, so that we could calculate the distance between each conversion.