HubSpot Ideas

mozjiqok

Set avatar for a contact via api

It would be very useful to be able to upload a contact avatar via api

16 Comentarios
dkrizan
Miembro

I would just like to pull the company logo image file from the API via Zapier so that I can pass it along to other systems.  A simple time-saver.

APIANT
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

Simply feed it a photo url would work

dvalle
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

I use the cms of hubspot and I need functionalities to set and get avatars

hendrikvi
Participante

We work in the Travel Industry and have - with consent - many pictures of our clients in our database. We have our Database connected via API to Hubspot.

It would make our work so much more personal if we could see the picture that our clients gave to us when we work on them.

Please make the upload of contact avatars via API possible.

ChaosFreak
Colaborador

This has been requested in the community since 2016 and HubSpot has done nothing about it (see below).

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Set-avatar-photo-of-contact/td-p/239649

The problem is, HubSpot marks questions in the "Community" as "Solved" when they haven't actually solved them. Then no one ever looks at the issue again.

Saying "it can't be done" is not a solution. HubSpot should stop marking issues as "solved" when they are still not fixed.

DHiggs
Miembro

I would like to be able to display company logos (avatars?) in a dashboard report to show logos by pipeline stage.  

SPennwood
Participante

We'd like to upvote this. It appears the functionality is simply disabled in API?

tominal
Guía | Partner

I could be completely wrong here, but I can see a reason HubSpot is not enthusiastic about adding this property in the contact record API.

Their endpoint for avatars is their own CDN that looks like it is actively processing dynamic widths and heights.

https://{cdn_id?}.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hub/{cdn_id?}/hubfs/{unknown_uuid}.png/height=64/width=64

This seems like a pointless endpoint when you could generate a few different file sizes on file upload once and share those URLs cached at edge locations. Perhaps they did it this way because they can guarantee avatars will look good on new features of the HubSpot application.

They can not just give out these URLs since it adds millions of width/height processing requests from the public. For public traffic, they would need to make some changes to their filesystem so that their CDN does not blow up.

If I am wrong and their CDN is as efficient as it gets, then why has this been open for 4 years? 😂

BEAutoBot
Participante

Tominal! You're the GOAT. Thank you for explaining that for those of us who were wanting this feature. I hope they design a way for us to use it eventually.

MWogan
HubSpot Employee

I'd love to see this possible through the API. Could save folks a lot of time to allow them to update the images via API

VAMFI
Miembro

We also urgently need this function.  Basic for other crm tools.

Tommie23
Participante

Please add at least that we can retrieve the company logo. Would be very handy!

VAMFI
Miembro

we need this, too. more than 5.000 photos of contacts are waiting for import 😞

PEngelMøller
Colaborador

🙏

LucHendrikx
Participante

We need this too.

lumi-josh
Miembro

bump for 2024, it's one of the first things that got asked and looked at for a private app - either hubspot or our app will have an image now - but not both unless some one is bothered to manually update in 2 places