HubSpot Ideas

sundial_tf

Set a default value for date picker field in forms

As a marketing user I would like the ability to set a default value for a date picker field on a form, but currently I only have the ability to select a date, which will not change depending on the day.

I would like to set it to Today's date so the date changes with each change in day and also have the ability to set it to a text value, i.e. "Date". Obviously this would benefit both us and the customer as it would seem odd to have the default value set as a date in the past.

14 Replies
dkarras
Contributor

I agree with the fist part of this request - date fields on forms should be able to be set to {{today's date}} so that the field defaults to the date the user is filling out the form.  Seems like it should be easy to do!

quaetapo
Participant

Yes please. Need this.

IVRCMO
Contributor

Or we should have the basic functionality of what other CRM's offer for date-picker fields:

1) specify only M-F can be selected
2) specifiy if user can't select dates older than current day
3) specify if user can't pick today (today+1).

Scott_ferguson

I have this exact same issue. I would like the data placeholder to have today's date as the default value. However, the other issue I have is that if I allow the drop down to pick from the calendar, the form is not big enough so the calendar is being cut in half. 

Anyone know how to fix that?

Capture.PNG

Annasedko
Participant

Way less work! Instead we all are using multiple workflows for this

AlbertoNieto
Participant

That's such a basic feature that is hard to believe that hasn't been implemented yet. It would be nice to be able to submit "formula" values such as Salesforce allows you to do.

yoyoyo

Agreed!  Auto-populating the current date would be a great help.

richardwalsh
Participant | Platinum Partner

@Annasedko I totally didn't even think of that while working this out, Thank you!

Although, I would love the ability to do this at the form level as well.

Ollie77

Please try and find a way of resolving this HubSpot, it makes us look a little bit inept in the UK as we do not use this date format.

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

Brycelbrewer
Participant

The response to this request is that it isn't something HubSpot is looking to build in?  I don't understand how that can be the case.  This is very basic functionality that tons of websites and widgets do automatically and very easily.  

We have a bug report form that we use to create a ticket and want to have the date default to the current day unless if a user specifies another specific date that they noticed the issue.  So this isn't something that HubSpot is going to be able to fulfill?  

kelseyingram392
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is super basic and necessary. The lack of relative dates all throughout the HubSpot system means that we have to build in ridiculous workflows to keep our business processes from breaking. For enterprise software that we pay tens of thousands of dollars for, the fact that you can't have a {{today's date}} default value is quite shocking. 

ChaosFreak
Contributor

Wow, yet another essential and simple feature that's been languishing in the "ideas" forum for over four years. Even free WordPress plugins can do this. I don't understand how HubSpot can charge so much and offer so little.

LPicker
Participant

We have a form that will be resubmitted by existing contacts. I want the contact info to prepopulate but I don't want the date to prepopulate as that should default to today's date (so it's not submitted with the wrong date in error). This would be really helpful.