Set a default value for date picker field in forms

As a marketing user I would like the ability to set a default value for a date picker field on a form, but currently I only have the ability to select a date, which will not change depending on the day.

I would like to set it to Today's date so the date changes with each change in day and also have the ability to set it to a text value, i.e. "Date". Obviously this would benefit both us and the customer as it would seem odd to have the default value set as a date in the past.

HubSpot updates
6 Replies
dkarras
Regular Contributor

I agree with the fist part of this request - date fields on forms should be able to be set to {{today's date}} so that the field defaults to the date the user is filling out the form.  Seems like it should be easy to do!

quaetapo
Occasional Contributor

Yes please. Need this.

IVRCMO
Regular Contributor

Or we should have the basic functionality of what other CRM's offer for date-picker fields:

1) specify only M-F can be selected
2) specifiy if user can't select dates older than current day
3) specify if user can't pick today (today+1).

Scott_ferguson
New Contributor

I have this exact same issue. I would like the data placeholder to have today's date as the default value. However, the other issue I have is that if I allow the drop down to pick from the calendar, the form is not big enough so the calendar is being cut in half. 

Anyone know how to fix that?

Capture.PNG

Annasedko
Regular Contributor

Way less work! Instead we all are using multiple workflows for this

AlbertoNieto
Occasional Contributor

That's such a basic feature that is hard to believe that hasn't been implemented yet. It would be nice to be able to submit "formula" values such as Salesforce allows you to do.