HubSpot Ideas

Arne

HubSpot User is Out of Office

We have quite a number of workflows in HubSpot that classify, notify, assign tasks and owners.

If such users are out of office, processes get stuck in the dead end waiting for the users to eg come back from vacation.

We are using rotation in some cases to make sure that eg an initial follow up still takes place by a team member even if the initial user didn’t react in time.

We also added delays of 1 day to make sure the initially selected users had the opportunity to work on a task.

After that delay a rotation takes place.

Bad enough that the first user was out of office, the next that received the task via rotation was OoO as well.

We cannot delay and rotate again and again until we finally find one that actually works on the follow up action.

Please add an option where users (and as a fallback the team lead/delegate) can set themselves Out of Office and define their delegate to make sure that important workflows don‘t get stuck due to absence or at least get delayed by several days until rotation finally found a user.

It’s needed fast, ie before summer vacations start everywhere.
93件のコメント
SFyrand
参加者

As we move towards the summer vacation, this problem re-emerges.. Is there possible to have this looked at in any way..? 

There is a similar comment in the community, have a look at that one as well and make sure to upvote that as well if you're in the community! 🙂 

Check it out here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubSpot-User-is-Out-of-Office/idc-p/453676#M86595

Jeanisrad
参加者

This is an urgent feature for a lot of companies. Workflows are tied to individual salespeople in many cases, and we have to account for automation when they are out of office. 

I desperately need a way to assign to a backup person (workflow automation + associated tasks), and then assign them BACK once they are back in office.

It's hard for me to believe this isn't a thing, because how else do you handle someone leaving for PTO? There are plenty of customers who are under that person who are mid-workflow, as well as newly assigned.

EnricN
メンバー

I'm in the same situation. My idea is to automate emails when the sales team is not available (after the work schedule) or on weekends and ask the potential client a couple of questions to advance in the pipeline even before the first touch with the sales team but it is not possible to do something like this on HubSpot.

ssigl
参加者

This is such a no-brainer!! Please consider looking into this Hubspot.. We are connected with Google Calendar and it would seem quite simple to do it via the integration.

Atilla
参加者

This is an urgent feature!

CKjeldsen
メンバー

Yes, please. 
This is starting to become a bottleneck in the business. 

CKjeldsen
メンバー

Critical to running the business smoothly.

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

@ksalazar 

Two potential workarounds on this: 

Option 1 (if you're assigning round-robin to a team)

If you're assigning to a team then should be easy, just move the user out of the team when they’re out of office and they wont be assigned anything. Perhaps create an OOO Team for this

Option 2 (if you're assigning to an individual)
If you're assigning to an individual, you could set up a second workflow

Enrolment criteria would be contacts whose owner = person X (the person who is OOO)

• Step 1: re-assign owner to whomever is covering for person X
  • Step 2: alert the new owner

You can create a list of contacts that have completed the workflow if you need to see all those leads

Turn this workflow off when the person comes back to work 🙂 

Accept Solution.gif

ksalazar
メンバー

@fiachra_duffy seems like it would work. However, we have way to many work flows to do this and this is too manual. We should be able to set a user as out of office. 

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

@ksalazar alas I have no input into product - totally agree that would be easier.

In terms of having too many workflows – don't worry about editing them all. 

For Option 2 above, let your workflows trigger and assign the new owner.

Then have an OOO WF that you only turn on and only triggers when the contact owner is set to Person X (our OO person)

it can then overwrite the owner assigned in the other WF

Therefore no editing of existing WF's, just to overwrite the owner when that person is OOO 🙂 

peter_mxtoolbox
メンバー

Is there an official way to vote on features? We need this too. 

CKjeldsen
メンバー

@peter_mxtoolbox - it is ultimately up to the product managers and their teams to determine priority of features on their roadmap. The best you can do for now is to upvote it at the top of this thread. 🙂

peter_mxtoolbox
メンバー

Thanks @CKjeldsen the upvote button is what I was looking for. I had overlooked it before. 

DennisL1
メンバー

It's an absolute must have. Not having such a basic feature as auto-reply is like creating a car without wheels: the engine will run all right but it will not get you anywere. Hey HubSpot, you have your CRM running but it doesn't get you anywere, you have no wheels to your engine.

maritima
メンバー

We absolutely need this feature not only for workflows and tasks but also for tickets and conversations. 

We are now in the situation when a co-worker didn't know somebody is OOO and re-opened the ticket -> the ticket is stuck until somebody is back. 

I use the workaround with changing the team, but when you have multiple forms, channels, inboxes etc - it becomes a nightmare to remember the list of all places where you need to change the team as well. 

maritima
メンバー

We absolutely need this feature not only for workflows and tasks but also for tickets and conversations. 

We are now in the situation when a co-worker didn't know somebody is OOO and re-opened the ticket -> the ticket is stuck until somebody is back. 

I use the workaround with changing the team, but when you have multiple forms, channels, inboxes etc - it becomes a nightmare to remember the list of all places where you need to change the team as well. 

LZh
メンバー

+1

This would be very helpful for remotely working international teams. 

LZh
メンバー

+1 

There is a big lack of functionality for Out Of Office situation. It's well implemented for Outlook and related services, so it would be great to have the same thing for Hubspot. 

SuaniaC
参加者

+1 It would be great if people that are OOF can adjust it in the portal. It will save us a loooot of manual work! 

Lilliput00
参加者

There has got to be an easier way of dealing with OOO staff.