Set a User as Out of Office

ksalazar

Submitting an idea to set a user within HubSpot as out of office. This would be beneficial to help automation and workflows know when not to send a task, contact, etc to someone out of the office. The meetings tool does this for the meetings links, but anywhere else that might be automated does not have a feature to set availability. 

Under users&teams it would be nice to access availability or out of office features. 

23 Replies
JFountain

We absolutely need this functionality for controling workflows and round robin assignments of tickets. Currently the process is 100% manual and we may forget to put the rep back into the workflow when they are back into the office. We need a way to easily schedule a user's time off so that we know all the assignments, workflows and tasks will go back to business as usual when they are back in the office. 

SFyrand
Participant

This is much needed! Having the same problems.

OllieParsons

Absolutely, v difficult to manage workflows across a large sales team with no out of office functionality.

LReece

Facing the same issue, this feature should 100% be added.

MMelton

Agree!! Would reduce the time wasted changing workflows. This is necessary. 

MOliver

Ugh! Finally, someone else shares my struggles. Please, please, please create this!

PeterW121

100% necessary feature. 

We have the automation where the lead is rotated between the owner (team) depending on the stage in the pipeline.

If a member of the team goes for a two week holiday the tasks and follow-up would be missed. 

Each user should be able to set his status as "out of office" or "on holiday" and be excluded for the holiday period from workflows.

EKurteshi

I really belive that it would be a huge improvement for us to have the out of office option as all the tasks are accumulated and it makes coming back to work quite overwhelming. 

ahenryezclaim

Agreed!  This is a feature that would really tie many things together.

SFyrand
Participant

As we move towards the summer vacation, this problem re-emerges.. Is there possible to have this looked at in any way..? 

There is a similar comment in the community, have a look at that one as well and make sure to upvote that as well if you're in the community! 🙂 

Check it out here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubSpot-User-is-Out-of-Office/idc-p/453676#M86595

EnricN

I'm in the same situation. My idea is to automate emails when the sales team is not available (after the work schedule) or on weekends and ask the potential client a couple of questions to advance in the pipeline even before the first touch with the sales team but it is not possible to do something like this on HubSpot.

ssigl

This is such a no-brainer!! Please consider looking into this Hubspot.. We are connected with Google Calendar and it would seem quite simple to do it via the integration.

CKjeldsen

Yes, please. 
This is starting to become a bottleneck in the business. 

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

@ksalazar 

Two potential workarounds on this: 

Option 1 (if you're assigning round-robin to a team)

If you're assigning to a team then should be easy, just move the user out of the team when they’re out of office and they wont be assigned anything. Perhaps create an OOO Team for this

Option 2 (if you're assigning to an individual)
If you're assigning to an individual, you could set up a second workflow

Enrolment criteria would be contacts whose owner = person X (the person who is OOO)

• Step 1: re-assign owner to whomever is covering for person X
  • Step 2: alert the new owner

You can create a list of contacts that have completed the workflow if you need to see all those leads

Turn this workflow off when the person comes back to work 🙂 

Accept Solution.gif

ksalazar

@fiachra_duffy seems like it would work. However, we have way to many work flows to do this and this is too manual. We should be able to set a user as out of office. 

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

@ksalazar alas I have no input into product - totally agree that would be easier.

In terms of having too many workflows – don't worry about editing them all. 

For Option 2 above, let your workflows trigger and assign the new owner.

Then have an OOO WF that you only turn on and only triggers when the contact owner is set to Person X (our OO person)

it can then overwrite the owner assigned in the other WF

Therefore no editing of existing WF's, just to overwrite the owner when that person is OOO 🙂 

peter_mxtoolbox

Is there an official way to vote on features? We need this too. 

CKjeldsen

@peter_mxtoolbox - it is ultimately up to the product managers and their teams to determine priority of features on their roadmap. The best you can do for now is to upvote it at the top of this thread. 🙂

peter_mxtoolbox

Thanks @CKjeldsen the upvote button is what I was looking for. I had overlooked it before. 

DennisL1

It's an absolute must have. Not having such a basic feature as auto-reply is like creating a car without wheels: the engine will run all right but it will not get you anywere. Hey HubSpot, you have your CRM running but it doesn't get you anywere, you have no wheels to your engine.