HubSpot Ideas

traviskl

Set Line Item property in Workflows

It would be incredibly helpful to have the ability to set a line item property in a workflow using the "Set property value". Currently, "Line Item" is not an option.

This would help us as we have revenue reporting fields on our line items/products that we'll now have to manually set.

27 Comentários
danmoyle
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

I looked in the "build a Quote" workflow thinking it might be an option in there, and didn't see it there either. This would be good for sales teams increasing efficiency for sure. 

eliot_martin
Colaborador(a)

+1

Line Item properties do not seem exposed to workflows and I too would like this ability.

I have this recurring scenario where I encounter something (seemingly basic) I need to do in HubSpot, am unable to achieve it in the product, search the web, and find a community idea post confirming that the functionality I need doesn't exist.  It's frustrating.

Arnika
Colaborador(a)

I would like this as well!

I am unable to do many of the things i was able to do easily in Salesforce because this is not a feature.

psymon25
Membro

I Agree with Arnika, this is a basic feature in Salesforce, Dynamics 365 and ServiceNow; I am trying to get a line item name as part of a deal based workflow and currently perplexed why this seems out of reach in hubspot?

Sugapriya9293
Membro

we need to have the ability to setup and copy product properties in a workflow.

SRayment
Participante

The ability to create workflows around line items would be incredibly helpful.  

reilynnyardly
Membro

Workflows can map data from one field to another across objects pretty well, except for line items. This is a weird exception, and the productivity improvements of being able to include line items in automation, and just generally bringing them more in line with how other objects work, would be significant.

anbknaga
Membro

+1 this is needed

Jenny26
Top colaborador(a)

Yes, love this idea. This would be very helpful!

KEberhardt
Participante

This is very important for our organization. How else can we automate building quotes that need line items displayed?

Cwimmer
Participante

This would also be very helpful to our company. For example, we would like to track a warranty period for our devices (tracked as line items) whose start date would be automatically set upon changing the status of the deal to "shipped". Of course, we could add this as a deal property, however, some deals contain multiple line items, which makes this a pretty poor solution. Please implement this! 

PSandquest
Participante

Frustrating that this can't be done yet, seems like practical and logical functionality to add.

RSanei
Participante

I agree - this would be very useful!

TKingston
Membro

Adding an upvote to this as my org. could definitely make use of this, moreover specifically the ability to set line item cost based on which company a deal is associated to (i.e. some companies will have their own agreed rates and having to manually override this every time you create a deal for them is an unacceptable amount of manual work)

+1 to feature request!

APetruszka
Membro

+1 - Workflows should have access to all data objects.  

NKolev
Participante

I really needed this when I had to change the product type of nearly 4000 line items. So yes it would be a great thing to have.

WHsu
Membro

This would be really helpful to automate some line item manual entry

vanessahunt
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

My use case for my client is that we need to copy information from the Deal level (such as Deal type) to the Line Item, to enable us to run reporting accurately. So I would like to see the functionality to copy Deal property values to their Line Items with workflow. We can copy from Line Item to Deal, but we need the reverse.

Or perhaps this could be made possible with the new 'adanced calculation property' feature? This is available on other objects, but not on Products right now.

Cwimmer
Participante

Any update on when this will be implemented? 

DavidSPW
Participante | Parceiro Elite

While you are at it, allow for calculated properties in products object so we can have calculate custom properties on line items. Like Commission percentage.