HubSpot Ideas

mikeyang10

Set Default Timezones in Meeting Scheduler App

My team has come across an issue when using the meeting scheduling app for tradeshows. We want to create a calendar where users can book a meeting with us at a tradeshow. The problem that we've come across is that when the user opens up the meeting calendar, they are shown times according to their default timezones. Why is this a problem? It is a problem because when a user books, they are booking with the tradeshow's timezone in mind. 
If the tradeshow is on PST but the user is on EST; this could create scheduling problems. We'd like to eliminate the problems by setting the default timezone to wherever the tradeshow will actually be.

30 Replies
aarongelbman

Yes – this definitely should be a feature ASAP.

It's an awful user experience to schedule meetings in your local timezone (e.g. Paris) if the meeting is going to take place in an entirely different time zone (e.g. Las Vegas). It's counterintuitive for a user to sit in Paris and schedule their meeting at 10 PM (since the calendar is in their local time) because they want the meeting on-site in Vegas to take place at 1 PM.

With this in mind the feature in the meeting link set-up where you choose the meeting time zone is very misleading.

Georgie

I agree, I am currently experiencing this exact problem with contacts across the world scheduling face to face meetings it is causing us havoc. Hubspot, please sort this issue asap!

ColinC
Participant

Yes, this is a very desirable feature. We regularly attend events where you want to book people in a known fixed timezone, I naively thought that choosing time zone in the meetings configuration sorted this out but alas not 😞

radekloucka

Is there any solution for this?
The scheduler is absolutely useless otherwise.

jelbekian

Dito

HS team, let's find a fix for this, it has been posted a while ago and the solution should be very straight forward.

radekloucka

We have now gone for an alternative booking system that allows to fix timezones.

jelbekian

Which one is that?

raybowad
Participant

This is easily done in Outlook but then the Hubspot meeting scheduler is useless.  With our business, multiple users across multiple time zones are scheduling meetings with clients in various time zones.  It doesn't work with Hubspot.  

CBN
Top Contributor

Agreed. We have the same issue and this really is a pain as our US based staff must block their night in order no to get booking in the middle of the US night.

ANadeem

We book demo meetings over phone calls most of the time and it'd be great to select our customer's time zone when sending him a calendar invite using the meet section in contact's page. 

Now it's terrible but i'm happy that I'm able to log the activity of a meeting using google calendar integration. 

CBN
Top Contributor

@kirstysweeney in case you uses to book in more than one time zone ...

CRoessler
Participant

Need to feature when we book meetings at conferences.

DeliaHernandez

Are there any plans to include these settings in the future? With remote positions more available, it can make tradeshow planning confusing when you're time traveling across time zones. 

JCarracher

We always have issues with the time zones when scheduling conference meetings. It would be very helpful to have the ability to set a default time zone so there's no confusion. 

DRios24

This feature would be very helpful to have when it comes to conferences. Since my team and I are always attending conferences in various time zones, it is difficult to establish the "right" time frame. 

kelseyhamon
Participant

I can't believe this isn't available. When booking in-person meetings at events this is an absolute need to have. 

DMasulli9

This is fairly critical functionality. We can workaround minimally by setting our availability at a Trade show (or any phyiscal meeting) around the correct timezone (thus preventing folks from scheduling on times we're not available), but we have no control over minimizing conflicts with their availability (i.e. not realizing that 10am they booked conflicts with a 1pm because they used the wrong time zone). 

CBN
Top Contributor

Still waiting for something here as far as I can see...

ColinC
Participant

Yes, still no response!! Nearly 4 years later and still a real pain.

Can people suggest some good alternative systems?

CBN
Top Contributor

Hello,

FYI - then I can see this option to set the meeting's timezone. 

hubspot time zone meeting.png