HubSpot Ideas

granthensel

Set Deal Stage Win Probability to 0%

Sometime a deal isn't lost, but saying it has a 10% win percentage chance is an overstatement. We have many deals in a long-term follow up stage that should be 0% chance of closing, realistically, to prevent them from clogging up our reporting. 

Possibile solutions:  

- Add 0% as an option to the dropdown used to assign win probability to a deal stage

- Allow custom numbers to be entered instead of the fixed 10%, 20%, etc. tiers 

62 Replies
opendorsederek

Similar use case at our company, and I would support both of the possible solutions above being implemented. Within our company, we have defined probably percentages against four different stages of an opportunity, in multiples of 25%. I'd like our internal probability tracking to mirror what we show in our pipeline, but the deal probability percentages currently are only able to be assigned in multiples of 10%. I'm requesting a "custom" percentage probability in general, or more specifically for us, a 25% and 75% probability percentage. Similarly, there is no option to assign an opportunity a 0% probability, but there are certain "leads" we would like to track in our pipeline that we wouldn't want to assign any type of likelihood of closing to yet. 

johnsoza
Participant

Completely agree. One of the first issues that I had as a CRM user.

Our prospecting process has a <2% chance of closing a deal. We meticulously track our conversion rates and the ability to customize these fields would be VERY valuable for our sales forecasting.

NINAD

Agree the percentages either need to be customizable to a specific number or at least include more options.  In my case I need in the short term 25% and 75% to be added.  Thanks!

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

I do think being able to customize the % would improve analytics. Especially specifics.

If someone is still in the prospecting phase of their sales cycle are you creating a deal? It might be easier to have the team only create a deal once they've been recognized as a sales opportunity through a booked meeting or after a discovery call.

What is the best way to use deals?

Maybe using the Lead Status field to track prospects that are not yet in a deal stage - here's an article that talks about some ideas for managing leads with lead status before they are a sales opportunity worth creating a deal: How can I use the Lead Status property in my sales process?

johnsoza
Participant

Thanks, @glencornell !

I hadn't come across this article yet.

Do you use this method for prospecting? If so, I would like to hear more about how it works practically (in real life).
zach@visiblehand.io

TimFitspot

I agreee with the comments NINAD and JohnSoza above. We have to be able to adjust pipeline sales stage % to fit our pipeline model. at least in 5% increments, or we end up putting 3 stages at 90%. For example, if we have a signed contract we would call that 95% and only allow 100% when the cusotmer pays their invoice and services commence (and reps then can claim commission). 

kellymoulton

Completely agree.

nstone
Participant

This is needed!

daveon
Contributor

Absolutely agree on this. Our lead probability of conversion is 5%, and our proposal conversion rate 35% - it's a pain working within the 10,20,40 ranges.

katie_collins

I also need the option to select 0% for example if a project is cancelled so we dont want it to count as a loss but there is no chance of it converting. Likewise if a project is put on hold we would use this option. We also would like a 5% and 25% option too so the option to set our own % would be the best solution to this I feel.

snymanpaul

Agree and support, following. 

Integris_Brett

Just chiming in to agree in hopes that HubSpot will go ahead and make this change.  Give us the option to set a deal at 0% (or 1%)

CristianaT

Full flexibility for any Win probability in the range of 0% - 100% would be the best option for us

benjiplanet

Yeah, please make that customizable. Our first stage in the pipeline is a deal qualification stage that we would not give a 10% probability.

Nolte
Participant

We use multiple pipelines within our company for individual responsibilities within our commercial team. We report on every pipeline and also base projections on it for internal use as well as investors. 

Therefor it would be exceedingly more reliable when we can change percentages with single percentages (1%) or even multiples of five (5%, 15%, 25% etc.).

If this isn't possibe we are again working outside of HubSpot, decentralized, which is unfavourable. 

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

Make it customizable at the default (admin) level and then allow deal owner to further customize.

KBArchetype

We would like the same capability to manage with a 0 to 100% probablity.  Very surprised this is not standard.  

jasonpie
Member | Partner

I'd like to see the 0% probability for prospects, as well as the 5% increments. It seems like it would be an easy enough thing to do.

dknox

Upvote - this is so obvious, and has massive impact.

waltwilson

Assigning probabilities to a step in any amount between 0% and 100% in increments of 1% or at least 5% is needed to map this tool to the many internal pipeline scoring criteria frameworks that companies have. 

VERY needed!