HubSpot Ideas

FlywheelKinetic

Set Custom Goals

As an Enterprise Sales customer, we should be able to set custom goals. I love that we can set goals for number of calls made, deals created or revenue but I'd also like to set goals for individual users based on Number of Deals Closed by Pipeline and (more importantly for us) Deals with a Deal Stage Modified This Month. We want to be able to show how our Sales associates are progressing their customers through the sales process. This will help us better understand at what point of the sales process do our Sales associates need specific training. If they have had 20 deals progress to Step 3 of the process and only 8 progress to Step 4 then we know that we can focus training efforts on how to get customers to a Step 4. Setting goals around this would be helpful if only on a cumualitive basis. 

52 Replies
ACallcott
Participant

Agreed. It would be great if we could add our own goals to track against, for example number of deals closed rather than created. At Enterprise, this feels like a really good feature that we could benefit from. 

KCDailey

We have broken down our revenue by product type, and we would like to have goals related to each type. 

MBarton
Participant

We need this as well. We're a SaaS company and measure based on the number of connectors we have and we cannot do this currently. This combined with our ARR struggles surrounding recurring billing frequency are making us re-evaluate Hubspot in general. 

JVal0

agree 🙂 would really really need this feature

NParshotam
Contributor

+1

Our 3 metrics are Outbound leads sourced, Contracts in Negotiations and Deals won. Would be good to allow that. I now have to think about using the existing 3 that you've hardcoded.

Hope we can have this soon!

ATomlinson25

Yes I agree, the goals functionality is great, but we need to set goals based on margins/commissions, not the whole revenue.  

LMcCormack2

Absolutely necessary!!  Not all companies forecast revenue.  Our forecasting is based off a custom field.  The ability to set goals against any field (standard or custom) is needed.

BGarback

Hi, goals are great and I need more.

We run a B2B sales cycle with different meeting types as the deals progress.

We created a custom property to track these meetings types.

Can you please enable us to add filters to goals on custom properties like meeting type?

Thanks!

PaulG3

I like the new 'Create custom goals (BETA)' but as of right now it is not helpful because we segment our deals by product category using a custom property and you can't filter using custom properties.

ALDIG
Member | Diamond Partner

We've been using the "Create custom goals" beta feature, but can't create goals for things such as value of deals with quotes sent using custom date properties. It would be great if such a feature could be added! 

jgillan

Individual salesperson goals shouldn't be a paid sales enterprice feature this should be included so managers can see individual sales performance against goals set for them it seems like it should be easy to associate a annual goal with a user.

bmcintyre

YES! We primarily count closed deals (franchise business - signon fee is nominal).