HubSpot Ideas

LucasM

Set Blackout days for email sends from workflows or sequences

In conjunction with the ability to only send emails during the weeks days, it would also be nice to set blackout days or do not send days for email sequences.

The process would be something like the following. Under the settings panel, an admin would be able to set a master calendar of days to not send emails.  So the admin would create a calendar called Company holidays and then enter the days that the business is closed for the year. Then is a user created a sequence or workflow they would be given the option to select a do not send on calendar, and then the automation would only send emails on the days the business is open. 

Ultimately, the admin would be able to create multiple don't send on calendars and the users could select a few of the do not send on calendars.  

44 Replies
Bzaags

Yes! We had about 50 emails go out on memorial day! 

drewpelletier

I have the same issue for this holiday season.

Swanand
Participant

We had about 100+ emails going out on Thanksgiving! Such an embarrassment! We need a way to exclude holidays.

MDorsey

Hard to believe that excluding holidays/custom days is not a feature already! @hubspot, please have product/devs push this feature asap. 

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi folks!

I'm seeing some activity on this thread, so I wanted to let you know that this feature is Delivered for workflows: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Work-flow-option-Avoid-bank-holidays/idi-p/11338/page...

You can find an explanation of how to prevent workflow actions from executing on certain days here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/manage-your-workflow-settings

I'm not going to change the status because this feature is yet to be Delivered for sequences, but I wanted to keep you up to date on the workflow development.

Best!

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

MDorsey

@JoeMayall  Thank you!

lify

I agree! I accidentally had a bunch of emails in my sequence go out on Christmas Day.

LucasM
Participant | Diamond Partner

Has any progress been made on this? 

liangsj
HubSpot Employee

Hi Team, 

Submitting on behalf of customer (in fact, it's actually the original user who submitted the idea, Lucas)

Do we have any updates regarding setting of the blackout date for Sequences? 

lukecro
Participant

+1 ... Really need a way to set sequences to not run on specific dates.

Control over specific days of the week (e.g., skipping Mondays and Fridays, etc.) would also be good.

Ideally, port over the similar functionality used for workflows / email marketing campaigns.

babajee911
Participant

So we have recently upgraded to Sales Pro only for the purpose of using sequence which is important for our business. 

However, while configuring we ran into this situation where we cannot change the 'business days'. Our country observes Sun-Thu business days which means the customers will be receiving emails on Fridays (which is weekend) and NOT receive emails on the first day of the week which is Sunday. This completely kills the point of using sequence. 

Can we have this somehow fixed anytime soon?

digitalkrewe
Top Contributor | Partner

It only makes sense to have the ability to blackout holidays or other days that a company specifies.

ReganRoss
Contributor

Yes... this is a must have.

andymedia
Participant

Agreed this is a must-have for B2B especially. Maybe even with a default set by region, which the account can opt out of or adjust as needed.

KimBrandt

Need to block out holidays and sometimes the day before or after.

Also I have some users who don't want to send auto emails within a sequence on Mondays, so having the ability to block on a calendar would be ideal - something beyond the "business days" selection.

MoAhmed
Contributor

We should be able to edit business days / add holidays - how has this been an idea since 2019?

AFranzese

This is really important how has this not been handled yet?

MoAhmed
Contributor

I'm building workflows and while I can avoid by manually counting days with the initial lists, it fails quickly when you're working with a workflow that sends emails with active lists that are updated at any point.

Blackout days, covering weekends defined pre-defined holidays that can be customised depending on the location (e.g. bank holidays in the UK or memorial/independence/labor day in the US) is a must.

DLentjes
Participant

Really need this Hubspot!

TDrucker

We need this to be implemented and an option to set sending time for emails/sequences.