HubSpot Ideas

NicoleSengers

Set Association Labels On Records via a Workflow

I would love to be able to add in the new association labels using a workflow - rather than needing to do this manually.

this would enable businesses who have contact A who makes a booking and Contacts B, C, D etc who attend a course or an event flagged as attendees. so a business knows which are valuable contacts.

It would also be helpful to be able to use a workflow to send different communications to clients based on their association tag.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
March 11, 2024 06:31 AM

Hi all! 

I know that everyone on this thread is eagerly awaiting a beta. We're actively working on this functionality and if you want more information of what will likely be included in our first release, I'd recommend checking out the "In Development" notification that went out last week. You can find this by navigating to Product Updates in your HubSpot portal and looking for "New Workflow Actions to Automate Association Processes."

We'll provide another update when we get ready to open up a broad beta.

-Maggie (HubSpot product manager)

January 25, 2024 06:51 AM

Hello!

I'm Maggie from HubSpot's product team. I'm excited to announce that we're actively working on the ability to manage association labels via workflow. We're hoping to have something in beta for you all to test out within the next few months. 

I also want to share this Knowledge Base article which outlines the ways that you can already use association labels in workflows (for things like enrollment) as it seems like there are a few questions in that space.

Thank you for all of your thoughtful feedback and examples! It helps us make sure that we're building the right thing 😊.

August 30, 2023 01:07 PM

Hi everyone, I don't have much in the ways of an update on this feature as we are still working through some major blockers. There is a limitation in how we find records to be associated, making it difficult to complete our set of features. We are still working hard on this problem and will have more updates along the way.

@04262 that feature is now live to all so it's no longer in the Beta page.

July 20, 2023 01:12 PM

@RyGuy the changes we're working through are towards the next set of features I'm referencing, for example, the Set Association Label action. Therefore there wouldn't be much if anything changed to the existing beta functionality. Definitely feel free to message me with details if you'd like.

@jaybaum I just met with our Associations team and discussed that hard limit. No hard decisions were made but we would like to fix that as well and could see traction in the coming months. I would recommend opening an idea on our forum so we can track progress, otherwise we'll hopefully have good news down the line

July 20, 2023 10:12 AM

@Steiger and others,

As it so happens, today was going to be the day I gave an update as we've made some major breakthroughs recently that we wanted to share with everyone.

The new Data Panel beta feature is currently going through the final weeks of "beta testing" and will soon be available to all customers. We had a rather tricky setback this past month that took our entire team time to sort out but as of this week we've sorted out all the kinks and are back to working on the followup functionality needed for a "Set Association Label" action. While I can't give an estimate (for fear of hitting another setback and dissapointing people), I can say we have a much more clear line of sight to our goal and have many engineers actively working on the solution.

The good news is that this next milestone will include more than just the Association Label action. We are going to have the ability to support more field types and provide finer granularity on the types of records/data that can be pulled into a Workflow.

June 20, 2023 06:39 AM

@RyGuy Thanks for pointing people in the right direction.

As for lack of functionality, I'm 100% with you, it leaves us wanting more as well. We're working on scaling issues at the moment to bring what we think is the full power of the feature: pull one (or more) values from any object, event, integrator object, without restrictions (within reason in terms of scale). If you have feedback or recommendations, please let us know.

May 26, 2023 06:32 AM

Sorry about the public beta link not working anymore, everyone. It looks like we had an issue with the way those betas work that prevented us from exposing the new feature in this manner.

For now, please use this form to gain access: https://forms.gle/d44dN9GqW1Zyqer36

May 04, 2023 06:49 AM

Hi everyone,

Here's a short update from the team. Now that the [Public Beta] Data Panel with associated record data in workflows is open to the public, we've begun working on the "Set Association Labels" action that everyone in this thread has been patiently waiting for. After we complete our exploratory phase for the project, the team will be able to give a rough estimate on when we'd expect to have this ready for our beta testers. Stay tuned for more information.

March 23, 2023 06:37 AM

@jaybaum sorry, that type of work is not related to the Workflows tool so we're not able to work on that directly. However, I will pass along that piece of feedback to the relevant team and see what can be done about that.

March 21, 2023 05:45 AM

@NPW Yes, we're planning on adding support for almost every field. The Internal Email Notification is currently being worked on and should be ready in a few weeks.

Sorry to dissapoint about the pace of the setting of association labels, we'll continue to work hard on that and give an update once it's ready.

March 20, 2023 06:31 AM

Hi everyone,

As we work hard on the Data panel with associated data private beta, I wanted to give another update as there has been some confusion surrounding our current work. While we have not started on the work to automatically apply association labels using the Workflows tool, we are prepping for it. The beta I linked to in my last message refers to a feature that is NOT to apply association labels using our tool. Instead, it allows the use of associated data in fields across the app, much like the "personalization tokens" that can be inserted into many text fields. Read below for more information:

March 01, 2023 07:16 AM

Great news everyone, please follow along in this other thread to join the private beta of the Data panel feature:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Workflow-actions-that-can-update-properties-across-different/idc-p/713251

February 22, 2023 07:33 AM

Hi everyone,

A quick update based off our last update from January. We had issues come up that delayed us by a few weeks but should now be back on track. To remind everyone, the beta we're working on is a preliminary feature that will allow users to use a lot more HubSpot/external data across many Workflow fields. This is going to be one of our larger project releases in a while and once the (hopefully short) beta period on that is done, we'll then be able to start on the beta for the Associations work everyone in this thread is interested in.

So to reiterate, the beta that's going to go live soon is not directly for Associations work, but is indirectly related and required for us to start that work.

Making promises on when it'll be ready can only end poorly so instead we can give an update on the work and what our current blockers are:

- The initial beta to allow users to use data from many different sources went through the first round of testing and while we found a few major bugs, we've since patched most of them. Once we do a second round of testing, we'll start the private beta (and will invite anyone in this thread to join)

- The work needed for what everyone in this thread is looking for, a way to automate association/association labels, requires the previous feature to go live. Once that's live and stable, the new data sources availability would make it possible for our teams to build out a feature that could use this data for the purposes of manipulating associations

Once the first bullet point is done (and only then) we'll be able to move on the Association work.

As always, we'll try to update this thread and any related threads as we make progress!

January 19, 2023 06:12 AM

January update:

Hi everyone,

The team has been hard at work for the past few weeks as we finish up work on the beta for our Data access feature (needed for us to start work on the Associations action within Workflows). Know that we're monitoring this thread on a weekly basis (or even daily) so as soon as that beta is ready to open, I'll post a link for those that want to join. We've had positive feedback from our preliminary alpha testing so we expect the beta to go by quickly, meaning even if you don't join this beta you'll have access to the new Data feature shortly after. 

Depending on the amount of feedback we get during this phase we'll start to form (finally) a timeline for the Association feature everyone in this thread has been asking for.

Thanks for all the support and stay tuned.

December 14, 2022 06:00 AM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give an end of year update as we've been getting lots of requests for this feature. As we stand, our original estimate is still on track. The related features we needed to finish before starting on this associations request are due to be completed mid January. Once that goes into Beta, we'll work in parallel to both incorporate public feedback, as well build out functionality related to associations within Workflows. 

We'll likely post a link to the January Beta in this thread so unless we have delays, expect great news early 2023

September 26, 2022 06:15 AM

Hi @emmaboyd we're still actively working on the tangential projects that will make this one possible. We don't have a good timeline but expect to have those other projects done by the end of the year, after which we would be entirely ready to tackle this project.

August 05, 2022 05:40 AM

We (the team that builds the Workflows editor tool) have a need for this feature as well so we are building all the necessary "building block" foundational features we need to make the association action a reality. We will update this thread once we get a timeline as we still have discovery work to do before we can commit to building it. The exciting news is that the CRM's association capabilities are also growing, making this action even more valuable to build.

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
August 02, 2022 12:43 PM

251 Kommentare
GEiselt
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Really important for us as well when setting up deals and projects. Trigger would likely be based on job title (e.g. executives would be label A, working level label B).

LLynam
Teilnehmer/-in

This is something that would help us for multiple processes we are having to do manually at the moment. 

JenBergren
Ratgeber/-in

This would be very helpful!

AGardner
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be so incredibly helpful for our company as well!!!

Whichever associated object meets a certain if/then criteria gets assigned a certain label. THEN you could perform vital actions on the newly labeled object.

MarinaBr
Mitglied

+1 to this request! We need to automate the update of specific pipeline stages and without this functionality the process get so manual and we cannot trust the accuracy of the workflow. Help us, Hubspot!

Janehayes
Mitglied

Please make this a feature! Associations labels are not helpful to us unless we can set them automatically

kirstenmhb
Teilnehmer/-in

+1 on this thread. Desperately need for workflows and for reporting. 

MCorea8
Teilnehmer/-in

Putting my input here. It would be great if we can have this working. It is really important to have it used in workflows and reports. Hopefully you will be able to check on this.

CP-BWG
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Is there really no way to simply find a contact associated with a company that has a property to something like title=president and automatically assign an associaiton label via a workflow??

DNichols
Teilnehmer/-in
From what I’ve seen, yes, but I’d be willing to bet there is a way in the developer tools. I’m not quite there yet, though.
SSharits
Mitglied

We would like to assign an association label when creating a ticket in a workflow. Having to manually add it, individually, to every ticket and/or contact leaves a lot of room for error.

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
zeke
HubSpot-Produktteam

JGreen69
Mitglied

Really need this feature as we have a number of workflows that update Contact records associated with Deals and cannot update ALL CONTACTS. Therfore, we use "Decision Maker" Howver we're finding this workflow is causing errors because people forget to update the Contact record.

zeke
HubSpot-Produktteam

We (the team that builds the Workflows editor tool) have a need for this feature as well so we are building all the necessary "building block" foundational features we need to make the association action a reality. We will update this thread once we get a timeline as we still have discovery work to do before we can commit to building it. The exciting news is that the CRM's association capabilities are also growing, making this action even more valuable to build.

Leadstreet-M
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

@zeke Awesome! 🚀🚀
Great to hear this is on the radar of the team!

Thank you for the update.

KimM
Stratege/Strategin

100% this feature would be amazing! It is really hard to use the association labels functionality on scale without the ability to assign these values using workflows.

DBushe
Mitglied | Diamond Partner

This would be really sick, honestly. It makes the web of potential ways to help businesses both larger and simpler.

KGuinn
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be super helpful! 

KGuinn
Teilnehmer/-in

We are in student housing and have to have two people sign our leases - the Lessee (student) and the guarantor. We need to be able to set these associations when people's deals are created. Its interesting that we can do this via a custom integration we've built but can't do this yet through workflows. We're very eager to get this as a feature that we can use in workflows! 

JGreen69
Mitglied

@KGuinn what integration tool are you using to set the association label? I'd love to know how it is working as this may help us in the short term...

Thanks!