HubSpot Ideas

Sara2

Sequence Notifications

My team has recently started using HubSpot in order to create more effective, scalable cadences, with better reporting functions. The Sale team is split into two teams, Internal Sales (SDRs) and External Sales (AEs) and the model that we run off is a shared account model, so the team can ensure they have covered all angles of an account in terms of prospecting.

However this means that the task notifications don't always go to the team member that enrolled the contacts in the sequence as the notifications are sent to the contact owner and not the sequence owner. My idea is to enable alternative set up for notifcations for example sequence owner or to another field within the CRM for example Account Owner or in our case Internal Sales Owner.

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
November 07, 2019 10:27 AM

Hi all,

When you create a Sequence with tasks in it, the tasks should be assigned to the user who enrolled the contact into the Sequence. So the task notification should go to that user as well. Are you seeing that this isn't happening? If so, we recommend reaching out to our support team! 

Caitlin

6 Replies
JC-Emarsys

I second this. 

alicjawas

Great idea!

DennisHart
Contributor

I completely agree. This is essential functionality for sales teams. These are the kinds of issues I'm running into with the crm tools. 

I'm trying to balance and assign responsibilities based on the application being used. Our outside sales guys can't build a quote from the app. So it's either they open HubSpot in a browser (delicate) or my inside team needs to create the quote and email it- which is inherantly error prone. Also- a customer is signing their quote on their own device. Why have an outside rep if they aren't even asking someone to "sign here." But that will become a separate thread.  

clovria
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

When you create a Sequence with tasks in it, the tasks should be assigned to the user who enrolled the contact into the Sequence. So the task notification should go to that user as well. Are you seeing that this isn't happening? If so, we recommend reaching out to our support team! 

Caitlin

Sara2

Hi @clovria , 

Thanks for your reply, I spoke to the support team before I created the post and the response I got was that the notfications go to the contact owner. Which is a problem because  mentioned the contact owner isn't always the sequence owner, if we can set it up so it is the person who enrolled the contact into the  sequence that receives the notifications that would solve all my hubspot issues!

Thanks

Sara

katiedee

Will this ever be updated so that tasks go to the contacts owner or sequence owner?