HubSpot Ideas

JacquelineOng

Send sequence emails to existing enrolled contact's new email address

Issue:

Right now, if a contact gets enrolled into a sequence that includes email sends, and the user changes the email address of the contact mid-sequence (i.e. after enrollment), then when the next sequence email is sent out, it goes to the old email address. The new email address will not be sent the sequence emails. Also, a new contact with the original email address will be created and the emails will be logged into the new contact record.

This is expected and makes sense from a technical perspective: if a contact/email address doesn't exist in the CRM, and a new email is sent and logged to HubSpot, this creates a new contact record, as per: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

But this is not the most intuitive from a user standpoint. Users would like to be able to easily update the email address of an enrolled contact & then to have future sequence sends go to that updated email. 

Workarounds 
1. To ensure that the sequence emails are sent to the new email address, the user has first unenroll the record from the sequence and after updating the contact's email address, re-enroll it again into the sequence. This will register the *new* email address of the contact so sequence emails will be sent to that newly updated address. OR
2.  M
erge the contact records (if that is relevant) 

Alternatively, the user can consider leaving the contact in the sequence,  then creating a separate contact record for the updated email address > enrolling this new contact into the sequence

7 Kommentare
WNemer
Mitglied

FIX IT PLEASE!!!

CMarokey
Mitglied

Yes this is a particular issue we face now adays!

Sandeepraj
Mitglied

Yes

FAfolayan
Mitglied

Hi, please fix this.

KBurke6
Mitglied

This issue came up for my sales rep and is causing confusion. Please prioritize. 

DMcDonald6
Mitglied

Comes up often when contacts on LinkedIn list only their last initial and reps update their info (including email) with their full names. For example, Lisa.M@company.com becomes Lisa.Marks@company.com.

PBetts
Mitglied

Given how far back the comments go I'm concerned this is not a priority....
Ideas: 
Please make it so that we do not have to unenroll, and then re-enroll, contacts in order to change a sequence step type (i.e. auto email to manual email). This means the sequences has to be PERFECT before adding anyone, which is very unreleastic. Especially for someone like me who is still learning HubSpot sequencing (familiar with outreach, love their flow).

Once I creat a sequence, before any contacts have been enrolled, please give the option to change the sequence step type without having to add a new step and move it allll the way to the top. For example, simple change the first email from manual to auto and vise versa. If I have 15 steps in a sequnce, that is A LOT of extra clicks to make this one change.

These small changes have a HUGE impact, and if not changed may be a reason I choose not to use HubSpot sequences. Which means I'll have to use another too, and takes time and energy away from HubSpot. Just being honest.

Thanks for the consideration