HubSpot Ideas

abockler1f

Send out of office reply on shared inbox

Hi, 

I have a client using the shared inbox who asked about setting something similar to an Out Of Office reply. For example, this client's support team is using the inbox for support tickets, but won't be available for many of the major holidays here in the U.S. (think Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.). 

Right now, it doesn't look like there is a way to send a message back to the user who needs help that the support team is unavailable, but that would be super helpful. 

This post was inspired by this thread. I searched the Ideas forum but didn't see anything.

3 Replies
SRandoll
Participant

Our inboxes are connected via Gmail and we are setting the OOO in the Gmail, not in HubSpot...that works for us.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Sending the OoO from the provider doesn't provide transparency for the team via Inbox or allow you to reply to a form submission that also goes to the inbox. An OoO from HubSpot Inbox would provide greater control and simplicity.

TPScott
Participant

I think an Out of Office message for the joint Hubspot inbox is essential - this can be used in multiple ways, for instance as a generic holding email to all emails recevied in the joint inbox (we will aspire to respond to your query in the next 24 hours) or when the offices close for Major holidays etc. (Our offices are currently closed and we will be back on XXX date). 

I can't imagine that this is something that would be challenging for the development team and would certainly be something that is critical for any business/user. The feature would be vital to have within HubSpot as all the tickets created from completing forms/sending emails to the shared inbox are still needed so that the team can address these tickets as soon as the offices open again.