HubSpot Ideas

dabroncos

Send a Quote without Deal Association (simple link share)

I have used many other proposal softwares that are less advanced than Hubspot and they can all send a proposal WITHOUT associating a deal or contact in advance. 

Here's how I want it to work:

We create a general quote without a deal associated and share the link to the contact.  When the contact clicks on the link, the quote can be associated with the contact automatically, instead of the deal.  And, if they are not in Hubspot, they can simply enter an email.  The deal will be manually associated later, if the developers can't figure out how to link it automatically.  Pretty simple right?

Creating a general quote that can be shared with a link and tracking on it is suuuuper important to close people.  It can then be added in automated sequences which I need. 

If you add this feature, more people will use quotes, because currently, the use case makes no sense to NOT be able to add quotes in sequences, workflows, or send general links if I need to do a quick quote for someone.  This idea solves all of these problems easily and makes my work less time-consuming.

1 Reply
CWebber

I 2nd this request. May of our quotes are transactional and tactical. We do not need the time to create a deal behind it, nor will my team do it. 

We are onboarding with HubSpot now and this was a gotcha we are struggling with. Seems logical. 

I am not creating a deal for a $50.00 quote. We wanted sales to move to doing all quotes in hub spot verus the ERP, now this will prevent that.