HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Send Workflows Emails on a Specific Day of the Week

Right now we have the option to send out workflow emails on Business Days only.

It would also be helpful if we could send a email from a workflow on a specific day of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.) consistently.

We could optimize the emails based on our known delivery successes, and also create new styles of campaigns, such as a weekly course like Tuesday Tips.

69 Replies
mreape

We definitely need this functionality and it would be extremely helpful to have. You need to have the ability to set delays for specific days,times, and days of the week. It truly helps to support campaigns.

kaious
Top Contributor

Wow, I just can't believe this is a feature request (like how is it that it's not in the product already - I thought I was just being really dumb and missing something in trying to setup a workflow to run every Tuesday, for example)

sarahaas
Participant

I would love to have this functionality added.  I would prefer to only send emails from Tues - Thurs, but right now I can only select business days (M - F).  

jacksontyler17

YES! HubSpot is a great tool; however, I can't believe this functionality isn't already a part of the product. Our team very desperately needs this feature. Hoping HubSpot will invest in augmenting this function to its email automation workflows sooner rather than later (please)!

kathyg

If you want this to be incorporated please vote on it with a Thumbs Up.  The ideas with the most Thumbs Up get implemented. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Send-Workflows-Emails-on-a-Specific-Day-of-the-Week/i...

IvanLares
Member | Partner

This is a must-have!

briley
HubSpot Employee

Adding a comment on behalf of several customers! The ability to limit workflow actions to certain days of the week would make it easier to ensure all contacts are receiving the material we want them to at the time we want them to, instead of having to ensure contacts are enrolled at a specific time and the delays are all mapped out to make it work.

kaious
Top Contributor

It is a bit of a hack around involving Zapier, but I had this same issue and came up with a solution that has been working well for us - details here if you're interested: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hubspot-hack-around-running-workflows-specific-day-week-kai-crow

kaious
Top Contributor

Already shared this on another thread, but figured I'd drop it on any of the related issues in case it's useful: It is a bit of a hack around involving Zapier, but I had this same issue and came up with a solution that has been working well for us - details here if you're interested: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hubspot-hack-around-running-workflows-specific-day-week-kai-crow

SkylerSchmanski
Contributor

This would be incredibly useful for nurturing campaigns. Please consider implementing this feature.

jamabryan
Participant

I cannot believe this isn't already an option!! We have a series of emails we want to sen don Mondays to new subscribers. We want them to start with email 1 and continue on for infinity. I need to have the ability to send the emails on a specific day of the week!! 

kdemars
Participant

Similar to this idea, we are looking for the ability to create a reoccurring workflow based on time delay (not specific day of the week). We would like to be able to survey our members every 6 months (initial send would be 6 months from join date—a contact property we capture—and then reoccurring every 6 months after). 

kaious
Top Contributor

@kdemars I think you could actually achieve what you need with the tools available in workflows currently. It's probably not as simple as in some other systems, but I think it'd work:

1) Create the workflow which sends the first survey with a trigger of join date is more than 180 days ago

and in that work flow, in addition to sending the survey, set a custom field along the lines of last survey date (set to the date of program ran)

2) Create a second workflow for the subsequent sends with the enrollment criteria of last survey date is more than 180 days ago. If that will be exactly the same email for every subsequent send, you could also set it to re-enroll people automatically, if not, just create subsequent workflows with the same 180 days criteria, plus has completed the previous workflow.

Does that make sense? Hope I understood what you're trying to do correctly.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 7.51.02 AM.png

kdemars
Participant

@kaious - This is awesome! I had reached out to HubSpot support with my question and they had told me it was not possible. Looking at your steps though, this seems to achieve exactly what we need. Really appreciate it!

kaious
Top Contributor

@kdemars no worries - glad it was helpful 🙂

ariannathayer

This would be a HUGE help. My process for managing this is really manual, time-consuming, and messy. 

LucasM
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would be a great feature that would help our process. 

Mike_B1

Frankly, it's embarrassing that this feature does not exist yet.

Like many things in hubspot I'm left shaking my head that it's not there.  This is not complex to code.

- a hostage "customer"

KStockdale
Participant

Yes please! It's remarkably frustrating not to be able to do this. The 'center on a date' workflow isn't sufficient and the UX is not good.

Dasha_Naumkina

Workflow feature that let send emails on a specific day of the week as well as specific date.