HubSpot Ideas

amandafann

Send Sequence Emails from the Contact Owner when enrolling with a workflow

When enrolling Contacts in a Sequence using a workflow, the automated emails cannot currently be sent dynamically "from Contact Owner". Rather, a specific Owner with a Paid Seat must be selected.

For large Teams with many users, this means you must create a specific if/then branch for every person on your team who might need to be the Sender of the Sequence Email. 

IDEA:  Please enable Sequence Emails to be sent dynamically from the Contact Owner. 

Who is this for? Sales, Marketing and Customer Success Teams wanting to scale and leverage automation to enroll Contacts in Sequences with workflows. 

What is their goal? Scalable Sequence Automation from many different potential Senders.

Thank you for the consideration!  

(Edited: Removed the reference to missing email signatures as that's been delivered. Email signatures are now available in the sequence templates when enrolled with workflows. Thanks Hubspot!)

42 Replies
NKennedy

please PLEASE make this happen

siddharthtoddle

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!

SCelen
Participant

This is a much needed feature.
Now we need to sent emails through workflows from a specific user when the contact person is followed up by another person. Confusing for our clients.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, commenting for a customer.

Aside from contact owner, it would be great if we can determine the sender via a "rotation" basis similar to the "Rotate contact owner" action in workflows.

Thank you!

SHarris83

Please prioritise this feature.

Jung_Yueh_Lien
Participant | Diamond Partner

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!

it would be great if we can determine the sender via a "rotation" basis similar to the "Rotate contact owner" action in workflows

HubGem

We are working with a company with a large sales team and this is so badly needed to align marketing and sales efforts and streamline their processes - using workflows to enrol contacts in a sequence is just not useful for enterprise accounts with large sales teams if emails cannot be dynamically sent from contact owner. Please implement this! 

ClementGuerin

+1 Need this function PLEASE

ArthurLorente
Participant

Please please please implement this!!! We are having so much usage attrition on our team because of this lacking function. We can't reasonably maintain and scale a sales process in which we need to set one if branch + enroll action for each sales rep on our team, so we are using supplementing tools for sequence-like communication

ESommers
Participant

Is there any progress on this feature?  Without it, does a different cadence need to be built for each user?  Anyone doing anything different?

Trevor_Stans

This is an essential one. The sequences tool is WAY easier to use than building email campaigns via workflows. Not everyone should be able to enroll contacts in sequences under other users name, but admins should have this ability. PLEASE implement soon. 

ScottNewton

Really? Hubspot should be doing this, I have used multiple competitors whom all have this feature and then moved to HubSpot thinking that surely a feature as obvious as this would be in place... very odd.

VHarkes

Assumed this would be an obvious feature when we upgraded from professional to Enterprise; really disappointed that it isn't. It takes away a major reason for moving to Enterprise, as the idea of enrolling into sequences via workflows is supposed to help us scale, but I can't be making adjustments and edits whenever people change teams or as in our case, we adjust our lead segmenting and I have to go in and add/remove branches manually. PLEASE add this soon HubSpot, this is a need to have not a nice to have. 

Yel-o
Contributor

Our team is growing and learning that we have to manually create branches for each person just for them to be the sender is time-consuming. I would assume hubspot has this just like any other service.

AChubak
Contributor

How is this not a feature that exists?!!

M company pays $100+ per Sales Rep per Month to use one of the top Sales Engagement Platforms out there. The only difference between sequences and that platform is the ability to assign the sequences to the contact owner and switch task assignment when ownership changes!

My Sales Reps really like HS and hate using the other platform. My BizOps admins hate having to manage the integration.

I'd gladly spend all of that money for this feature in the CRM if it meant 1 less system for my Sales Reps to use, and 1 less system for my admins to integrate. 

BLewty

It would be AMAZING if this feature was already possible. As my client's SDR team grows, this is a huge gap in automation. Without it, it requires tedious workflows to create branches per person, which isn't an ideal solution with staff changes, etc. 

joelgrossman
Participant

Absolutely need this. Sort of shocking that Hubspot doesn't support this today.

Osherrington

I desperately require this feature.

Our entire operational build is centred around Sequences. Every time we use a sequence, I have to create a task for the contact owner to add the Contact to a specific sequence.

Being able to do this on their behalf within a workflow would remove a significant chunk of admin work, and also reduce errors.

JVerdoia

Yes please!!! 

NKolev
Participant

Hello,

This is really needed feature as when it comes to big corporations it's really hard to set this for every single person and it's really hard to maintain.

Thank you!