HubSpot Ideas

briley

Send Notification to Visitor on Conversation Reply

After collecting a visitors email address within a chat conversation, it would be great if the system could send a notification to that visitor when an agent replies, so they know that their conversation is being actioned and are able to follow up themselves.

This would allow for better customer relationships, as at the moment it may seem they have been ignored if an agent were only to reply to the conversation rather than starting an email chain with the visitor.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
April 09, 2019 08:06 AM

Idea Submitted
January 28, 2019 03:47 PM

I believe I misread this idea as initially filed, as requesting better in browser notification for the visitor of a new chat, which we have since Delivered. Marking this back to Idea Submitted to specifically track the email notification use case @AveryReid  detailed!

Re: Send Notification to Visitor on Conversation Reply - changed to: In Planning
December 31, 2018 06:31 PM

5 Replies
Stellaivano
Participant

I can't agree more with that!

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

AveryReid
Participant

I strongly agree with this. Ideally, I would like it to send them an email with my reply directly in the body of the message and a link for them to head back into the chat to reply if they need to. This is something we've lost since moving over from LiveChat Inc. Previously, if the chat wasn't active (meaning both of us still on that page actively replying to messages) the message would send via email. Since moving over to HubSpot we've had a number of clients say that we haven't replied to their support message when, in reality, we had it was just sitting in the chat waiting for them to return.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

I believe I misread this idea as initially filed, as requesting better in browser notification for the visitor of a new chat, which we have since Delivered. Marking this back to Idea Submitted to specifically track the email notification use case @AveryReid  detailed!

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team