HubSpot Ideas

ndwilliams3

Send Membership registration email via workflow.

As a Hubspot customer...

1) I would like the ability to re-send the registration email via workflow so that I can respond "in the moment" to a visitors request for help without human intervention.

2) I would like the ability to use a workflow to send a series of emails with the registration link so that I can minimize incomplete registrations. 

People that fill out a form to get access to private content. A workflow adds them to the list triggering the registration email. However, not everyone completes the step of creating their password and the forgot password doesn't work until the registration is complete. They have to contact the admin to manually resend the registration. There is usually a delay between their request and the admin resending the registration email that leaves the opportunity open to miss the email yet again. This a a perfect senario for a nurturing campaign with multiple emails with the goal of completing the registration process.

32 Replies
AliceLambe

I'd find this feature very useful too. I work for a membership body and need to be able to re-send the account registration email en masse to large groups of contacts, not just on an individual contact basis. We're due to launch our new Hubspot CRM/CMS soon and we'll migrating existing member data from our outgoing CRM into Hubspot, so being able to resend the registration email would help us increase number of increased registration completions.

Brucey
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yes, I assumed this was possible. I built the workflow out. Only to realise that emails with a registration link in them don't appear in the Worflow as an option when you select Send Email. We have 1000 contacts that received a registration email. 30% registered. We want to automate the follow up with emails that include the registration link in them again, so people don't have to go looking for the first email.

mali57
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yup, that is a very much-needed feature.
Also, redirecting to the set password page from the signup page is also a very needed feature.
Just in case we don't want email validation.

FSayed

We also need this feature as many of our customers did not complete the registration and we have to resend it manually 

AJT
Contributor

I hope Hubspot picks up on this simple request. Sending these from a workflow is completely needed.

cives
Contributor

I too hope they pick up on this — it'd be a game-changer for me.

SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

Its a simple request - to stop blocking the send of registration emails as a workflow step. There seems no reason to prevent this.

In fact - I have found a simple workaround if the community is interested. Create a standard automation email and copy the registration URL from a sample registration email to a button within that standard automation email. It works perfectly in all circumstances I have tested.

>>> Edited after further consideration: My initial tests worked, but I think I fell into the trap of using some special cases. I can't reproduce positive results for new Contacts. My apologies - but I still would like the feature to be possible!

But it should not be ncessary to play around like that.

Regards to all.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

@SteveHTM ,

Is this tested? The registration url sent out has a unique id that identifies the contact and pre-populates the email address on the set password form. The email field is read-only and can't be set by the user. If it works, then that is a sweet an simple workaround!

Brucey

We have previously tried this workaround and didn't have any joy, since there is a unique parameter ID "registrationcode" added to it. And it was no longer added when we copied the registration URL a generic automation email / workflow.

A Contact could get to the registration page, but the email field remains blank (instead of having their email prefilled) and inaccessible / greyed out (can't fill it out). And they had nowhere to go from there. So we ended up sending an email series that refers them back to the original registration email (or to contact us to get this resent)

@SteveHTM have you got this live and working? 

SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

Apologies to the community here. As noted in edits to prior post, I can't reproduce today what I thoughy were successful prior tests - so I may have been over optimistic somehow. But my process might lead someone cleverer than me to a solution if HubSpot doesn't correct the core issue in the near future.

My previewing the registration email, you can tell the inserted button macro expands to: http://[YourPortalURL]/_hcms/mem/register

to which was added ?redirect_url=[YourPortalURL]&email={{contact.email}}

This gives you a link to a properly fillable email registration form - but my tests just now did not now lead to a successful registration. Unfortunately.

Hoping for better news soon.

Brucey

Thanks for the update @SteveHTM.

Let's hope this idea gets some traction soon.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

figured it out! Requires a beta feature and still needs some additional testing.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

nevermind, didn't work. the registrationcode encoding includes a token in addition to the email.

RKneller
Contributor

+1 on this. I'd also like a bit more control on the workflow of sending of a registration mail; I'm uncomfortable with the idea that publishing a page kicks off an automatic "transaction mail" asking people to register. I'd like to be able to publish a private page and then invite people to register for it. 

RKneller
Contributor

@SteveHTM @ndwilliams3 

Hey Steve & ND. I've noticed that when the default HubSpot registration mail is sent, the link to register seems to be composed of two parts.

1. https://domain.co.uk/_hcms/mem/verify/ 

&

2. some sort of unqiue ID

3. A return URL

Together making:

https://domain.co.uk/_hcms/mem/verify/{contacts's  ID here}?redirect_url=[YourPortalURL]&email={{contact.email}}

Perhaps your workflow idea could work, if the "register link" dynamically pulls in the contacts ID... or is that something you've tried already?

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

@RKneller,

it's not the portal id. The registrationcode is composed of base64 encoded email along with a random token. It's the random token that makes it impossible to reverse engineer.

JStreit1
Member | Elite Partner

Agree! This is a must have feature!

tommitchell
Contributor

Yes please - really need this in order to properly scale our membership function for private content.

AGiam
HubSpot Employee

Posting this on behalf of a customer whose use case is slightly different - She wants to delay the password confirmation email from being sent, which I believe a workflow would be great for. It would be amazing to have more control on these private content automated emails to improve user experience 

CDow
Participant | Elite Partner

+ 1 on the ability to have more control over reg emails and the ability to send more than 1 at a time manually - such as resending to a specific list.