HubSpot Ideas

onvista

Send Double-Opt In Email via Workflow

Hello,

we have to enable GDPR and collect someones confirmation (Double Opt-In) before communicating via email. So we need to sent out HubSpots Double Opt-In email whenever a new contact is created in HubSpot.

Thus, it would be very helpful to trigger sending of Double Opt-In email in workflows.

Example use case: Gotowebinar Registration

Customer signs up for Webinar

-> Customer is synced to HubSpot (via Integration)

-> Workflow sends out Double Opt-In email everytime a new customer signs up for a webinar

-> Customer is able to confirm his registration

Currently it's not possible to send this kind of email in workflow.

11件のコメント
clefew
メンバー

Agreed!!

dorin2006
メンバー | Elite Partner

Agreed!!!

I also need this feature to send opt-in emails when new contact is imported or created via API

harmonyrjones
参加者

I don't know if this is new or not, but I was able to create an email with a button that links to "Email Subscription Link" with Subscription Type = "Subscription Confirmation" and added this email to my workflow.

atalwar
メンバー

Commenting this on behalf of a customer! 

This would be a great feature to introduce, especially when using the Shopify integration to create customers, since this integration does not automatically double opt-in customers. 

Ellesyanna
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

This would be very helpful indeed!

Ruben_tB
参加者 | Diamond Partner

True. This feature in HubSpot is very 'light'. It is present, but you could also argue it is not. Because there are many instances where this process isn't waterproof. Please do invest in this.

MFischer
参加者 | Platinum Partner

Agreed!!

We absolutely need this feature too!

ClaraHeins
メンバー

Same here. We want to send a double opt in mail (+followup) within a workflow that is connected to a wordpress form (a landingpage we created for our product). Mails tend to go to peoples spam folder as we don't use a double opt in mail. 

Would love if that changes soon! 

Avahda
メンバー

Agreed! Need this feature to connect fluentforms with hubspot via double optin.

marvinvbrt
メンバー

Yes, we need this. Imagine a lead is saved to hubspot, receives the double opt-in request email but ignores or deletes it. A while later the user comes back and wants to e.g. download a whitepaper but will never receive it because the double opt-in was not completed and there is no automatic way to resend the double opt-in request mail, so the user will never be able to receive another mail.

AKolb
参加者

As an alternative solution, this should be possible for Sequences.
I am unsure if there is a legal basis for sending opt-in emails via workflows, as these could be counted as "Automated Emails", which require opt-in.
However, sequences are one-to-one communication, meaning there is sufficient legal basis.