HubSpot Ideas

roarkjanis

Select which Deal to log an email to when a contact is associated with multiple Deals

Need an option to limit the email logging to a specific deal associated to a contact rather than all deals. When you have an account where you do multiple deals every email associate to the domain goes into every single deal.

Another aspect of this through parent-child relationships and allowing deals to be associated with one child so that the email can be logged appropriately.

HubSpot Updates
November 24, 2020 11:22 AM

This update is out now to all Chrome Extension customers- you are able to decide default object associations in the settings (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/customize-your-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension-default-configuration-options) as well as specific associations per email (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension). 

We are currently working on bringing this functionality to O365 and Outlook Desktop. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback! 

April 16, 2020 08:56 AM

@Yazz 

Yes, this is something currently in planning. I will post closer to when we have an update on this! 

March 12, 2020 11:55 AM

I'm glad to be able to reach out today with an update that we will be ready soon to go to beta for this in Gmail. Thank you for all of your feedback and patience. Please fill out the form here to be included in the beta and I will reach out.

https://forms.gle/sk196WJ8iFiEBwaw8

November 14, 2019 11:45 AM

My name is Flora Wang and I am the Product Manager of the HubSpot Sales Extensions. We've heard the feedback and understand that this is not currently a great expereince for our extension and CRM users. My team is actively investigating a solution for the Chrome Extension and I will update here as we work on delivering a better experience. Thank you! 

Re: Select which Deal to log an email to when a contact is associated with multiple Deals - changed to: Delivered
August 30, 2018 08:22 AM

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay here, but this actually went into production in November of 2017. When sending emails or logging activities from the CRM, you can choose which Deals and Companies should be associated with that object, per the screenshot that @roisinkirby posted in the beta announcement. More information can be found here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/how-do-i-associate-an-activity-with-a-specific-contact-company-or-deal-record

We have long-term goals to add this functionality to email clients but don't have a timeframe on that right now.

In Beta
October 25, 2017 01:37 AM

Hey all,

The ability to associate activities (notes, one to one emails, calls, meetings) with deals is now In Beta. So that, rather than having
every activity roll up from associated contacts and companies to deals, users can now choose which deals each activity should be attached to.

As an added bonus, deal properties based on activities (e.g. last contacted, last modified) will now update based on activities associated with the deal from contact and company records.

When logging or executing an activity on a contact, company, or deal record --- leaving a note, writing an email, making a call, logging an activity, creating a task, or scheduling a meeting --- you’ll have a new association bar to work with:

The tags in this new association bar denote where the activity will appear. If you associate a call with the contact “Andrea Tarrell” and the company “Configero” this call will only appear in the timeline for those two records. Using the dropdowns and X icons, you add/remove records that are associated with the record you are currently on.

These features are currently in a private beta, once live they will be available to all customers. Stay tuned to this post, notifications in your HubSpot account and here on our product updates blog.

In Planning
April 11, 2017 01:26 PM

We are currently actively working on allowing users to explicitly associate engagements with contacts, companies and deals. 

84 Replies
iats72
Participant

@Flora What type of timeframe can we expect with this? This has been going on a few years now and your last update here was a year ago. Thank you

‎Nov 24, 2020 2:22 PM

"This update is out now to all Chrome Extension customers- you are able to decide default object associations in the settings........

We are currently working on bringing this functionality to O365 and Outlook Desktop. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

Thanks @beckyhopkins ,  @MWilhelmson , and everyone for continuing to chime in. 

YGolden
HubSpot Employee

Please disregard

KLugo

Good morning,

I see this was implemented in 2020 for Chrome extension, but that an O365/ Outlook Desktop implementation was underway. It is now 2023 and I do not see anything like this for Outlook Desktop. Is there an update on this functionality? My deals are getting bogged down by erronesous email associations. If I turn of the automatic association feature in Outlook, then I need to automatically log every email.

MGonzálezdelC
HubSpot Employee

Posting this on behalf of our customer. They need to have the capability to select the deal the email should be logged with from the shared inbox. For example, an email comes in the shared inbox and gets automatically associated with the contact, therefore with the deals associated with this contact. We need the option directly in the shared inbox, to select with which deal this email should be logged. Thanks team!