HubSpot Ideas

roarkjanis

Select which Deal to log an email to when a contact is associated with multiple Deals

Need an option to limit the email logging to a specific deal associated to a contact rather than all deals. When you have an account where you do multiple deals every email associate to the domain goes into every single deal.

Another aspect of this through parent-child relationships and allowing deals to be associated with one child so that the email can be logged appropriately.

84 Replies
MKScanMaster

@Flora having this for Outlook is super important... when is it foreseen to be released? 

MKScanMaster

@roisinkirby 

this workaround, can be the base for the end-state solution-

in the case where multiple deals (deal 1...N) are associated with one Contact and where i want each e-mail thread to be associated only wih the relvant deal - i would generate a non-exstant e-mail address, having a name associated to the deal name, and the "domain" name will remain constant. For example; "Deal-1@HBSPT-track.com"... "Deal-N@HBSPT-track.com".

Then, on hubspot, I could associate that address of deal-n to actual deal-n.

I would then make a rule on my outlook that any e-mail received from domain "HBSPT-track.com" can be deleted permanently. 

the result woudl be-

as long as:

anyone on the thread "replies to all" (i'd request that of my correspondance team) 

and as long as i reply to the e-mail (i can always reply the last e-mail just to the specific deals' e-mail)

- it will be tracked wihtin the specific deal at Hubspot.

At the end state solution the generation of the address and making of the rule can be programmed into the outlook plugin

your thoughts?

Dari
Participant

@Flora Do you have an update on the beta implementation for this feature? I signed up, you mentioned you'd reach out, but I haven't heard from you. Thanks.

geralsimian
Participant

I am confused. This seems to be marked as Resolved but it is not. We need the ability to select which Deals an email is associated with at time of logging (in our case from Outlook). Having to go to each email in the Contacts activity and remove association of email with all Active Deals is super time consuming and not realistic. why would HubSpot assume that any comms with a Contact relate to all active Deals? Doesn't make sense

fabiomarques
Participant

We need this feature for the Outlook extension! When will it become avaliable??

scottharris

@hubspot it looks like this request is 3 years old. Is there a plan to remove all the ticket/email noise from deals so sales people can see pertainent information about moving buinsess forward? This would be HUGE! Thanks.

jibanezASI

Our company also needs to option to be able to select which deal an email is associated with from the Outlook desktop add-in.

In our case we will have multiple deals associated with one contact.

It seems this issue has been open for several years. Does anyone have any updates if this is being worked on?

@jsg121 @Flora ??

TuffaCharlie
Participant

@jsg121 on 31st August 2018 you stated "We have long-term goals to add this functionality to email clients but don't have a timeframe on that right now."

Is there an update on this yet please?

azalaquett
Contributor

Hey @TuffaCharlie @jibanezASI @scottharris  @fabiomarques @geralsimian

I just posted a new idea in the community at the suggestion of HubSpot support in calling in on this issue. I have 2 Clients on Outlook and this is an issue for them:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-custom-email-activity-association-with-Deals-vi...

Can you please reply to it and upvote it as well in hopes that we get a response?

LSchou

HubSpot works nicely with the three business objects Contact, Company, Deal. Adding an SMTP Assigning a SMTP (email protocol) addresses to each of these would allow HubSpot to associate an email with either of these business objects if included in the BCC field.
Pipedrive has that, but the SMTP addresses are not logical, which could be done better.

Can you please implement SMTP addresses for each business object where this is useful? (These three at least?)

HubspotHangout

Hi Everyone,

This is a no brainer!  I have clients who have knocked back Hubspot CRM for this very reason.

Hubspot - can we have an update please?  This is a BIG show stopper!

Very frustrating especially as these threads are almost as old as my Tank top from the 1980's. 😅

Thanks

Rob

Flora
HubSpot Product Team

This update is out now to all Chrome Extension customers- you are able to decide default object associations in the settings (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/customize-your-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension-default-c...) as well as specific associations per email (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-chrome-exte...). 

We are currently working on bringing this functionality to O365 and Outlook Desktop. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback! 

TuffaCharlie
Participant

@Flora - thanks for the update, but unfortunately we are not using Gmail so this doesn't help us.

What is the ETA for the same functionality for O365 and Outlook Desktop? 

Saper
Contributor

This is much needed for the Outlook plug-in as well. In my experience, many sales reps prefer using outlook for emails instead of HubSpot. However, when they use HubSpot, they can't select which deal to associate the email with. And in case of contacts associated with multiple deals, the email just gets logged to all (and wrong) deals.

And come on guys, it can't be that difficult to have consistency in terms of functionality across your various user touchpoints.

Jschonba

Can you update us on when it will be released for O365 and outlook desktop?  Thanks

DaveGordon

Hi - I would also welcome an update on any solutions for being able to individually select Objects (Contacts, Deals, Companies) when logging an email to CRM.  I'd used this in the Gmail/Chrome environment, and it was exceedingly helpful.  I am now in an Outlook environment, and this could be a major impediement for selling in HubSpot as the company's CRM solution.  Thanks in advance for any updates.

NNichols

Just check to see if there are any updates to the luanch of the specific associations per email for Outlook?  

dolphin_jane

When will this feature be delivered for Outlook extensions please? The deals timeline is completely useless & in fact counter-productive if you have repeat business, or a regular account with multiple deals.

MWilhelmson

I work as a broker and therefore can have 1 asset (1 deal) that we market and discuss with several potential buyers. At the same time these potential buyers can have intereset in several assets (several deals) and I do not want every email conversation from that same client show up in every deal. I want to be able to sort the conversations with the client to the appropriate deal. 

We use outlook365 and even though when trying out Hubspot it seems like a good CRM but this will be a dealbreaker in going from testing it to full integration from our side. The CRM is useless and confusing without that function.

Edit: adding @Flora for attention

beckyhopkins
Participant

This is a complete show stopper for us and is stopping us from rolling HubSpot out throughout our company. 

@Flora this issue is over 3 years old, can we please get an update as to when the Outlook / Desktop version will be available? We pay a large amount for our HubSpot licence, yet it's issues like this that are making your competitors appear more attractive.