HubSpot Ideas

roarkjanis

Select which Deal to log an email to when a contact is associated with multiple Deals

Need an option to limit the email logging to a specific deal associated to a contact rather than all deals. When you have an account where you do multiple deals every email associate to the domain goes into every single deal.

Another aspect of this through parent-child relationships and allowing deals to be associated with one child so that the email can be logged appropriately.

84 Comentarios
DrewEconsys
Miembro

"We are currently actively working on allowing users to explicitly associate engagements with contacts, companies and deals. "

April 2017

Please provide status update @Sophie_Higgs 

We have issues with emails being associated with multiple deals. I put a screen shot together for this.Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.04.26 PM.png

Our company has several cases where one contact is involved in more than one deal at a time. The extensive email exchanges that can occur on one deal, greatly confuses the timelines for the other deals. Several of my users complain about this regularly.

My idea! When i add contacts to this email, can the Sidekick or the Ribbon show me the “potential” Deals that this email will be tagged on? And if yes, can I check boxes for the Deals that I want to see this email associated with?

assersmidt
Miembro

2,5 years later this is still not available.

We mainly use Gmail to log emails from as everyone lives in their inboxes. The problem is that the activity feed data on the deals becomes more or less useless exactly because of the above problem: if the same contact is associated with multiple deals (which most of our sales cycles are) then the emails go on all deals which they are associated with.

I simply cannot grasp how this is not available yet. I literally remember checking this thread over a year ago, and still no update. Very disappointing.

ecosenza
Participante

This is available now, but it's a cumbersome process. If you go to each email and click on the records associated with it on the top, you can search and select and de-select deals and contacts and companies that the email is attached to. I recommend going to the contact's records because then you'll see everything from that person and can make sure that every email has at least the company (and usually a deal) on it. Repeat for each person in the deal. You can also remove emails from deals they don't belong to by unchecking the boxes. 

DrewEconsys
Miembro

@ecosenzaThanks for the reply. I am aware of what you're suggestin but that is exactly what I am trying to find a fix for.  That process is cumbersome and requires my busy sales and account management users to manually adjust something that could/should be available from the SideKick tool.

Also, if it's forgotten until after a recipient replies to an email thread, all future replies on that thread will need to be fixed manually as well.

veronicagonz
Miembro

So there's the option in contact record to associate all the emails to specific deal....Good but time consuming....

Also, when writing an email through Hubspot you can associate the email to a specific deal.... Good....

But most important, how can you make this association when writing the email through Outlook?

JelleL
Miembro

Hi Team Hubspot,

I have been working with Hubspot 1 year now and this is still my number one frustration.
I work with a network of resellers who are my contacts in 
hubspot, but they own like 50 deals each. now every contact I have with these reseller reps goes into every single deal they own.
You can imagine how to message the activity feeds look right...
We are not a big companies, but it is things like this that make us a certain we will switch in the short as it's just not manageable anymore. Can you please do something about this.... Please!

Bweaver006
Miembro

yes, this needs to be enabled when emailing from Microsoft Outlook.

karpf
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Dear Development Team,

this feature has been the deal breaker in several cases or had to be overcome with workarounds. Please implement the feature to assign mails to specific deals only. Presently you get unorganized mails assigned to different deals with one company.

Cheers Achim

Flora
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

My name is Flora Wang and I am the Product Manager of the HubSpot Sales Extensions. We've heard the feedback and understand that this is not currently a great expereince for our extension and CRM users. My team is actively investigating a solution for the Chrome Extension and I will update here as we work on delivering a better experience. Thank you! 

Yazz
Colaborador líder

@Flora 

Great news Flora! Very excited about it. Do you also have it in planning to extend this feature to Outlook? It's been our number 1 complaint since we joined HubSpot 2.5 years ago.

We would love to be able to associate emails to specific Deals right out of Outlook 365.

Thanks!

ACowell
Participante

@FloraThat's fantastic for the Chrome Extension users, but I'm sure you can see that most of the comments on this request come from Outlook users.  When large issues like this are not corrected in a timely manner, it makes current HubSpot users feel like we don't matter anymore. 

NColl
Miembro

We need this for Outlook.  Thanks.

AnneSm
Participante

Definitely need for Outlook. We use HubSpot for all our deals and it gets confusing when same contacts are on different opportunities.

rwong
HubSpot Employee

It's great that it's possible to select which deal record we can associate a logged email to. It would be even more convenient if this feature can be present in the Chrome extension or Outlook add-in so users can choose the deal straight from their email inbox!

Gleoppky
Miembro

@Flora(because you're the most recent HubSpot personnel to comment)

I share the frutstrations of everyone who's commented here with unrelated emails being associated to various deals. I didn't see anyone suggest this so thought I would throw it out there: What if all emails (from an email client) were logged to the contact and company record(s) but in order to have them associated to a deal the users have to specifically choose which deals to associate them with? At least as an interim solution this would relieve the mountain of unrelated emails being in deals. Personally I would rather try to remember to associate my communications properly then have to sift through tens of hundreds of emails and un-associate them.

iats72
Participante

I agree with the concerns posted by @DrewEconsys . "Our company has several cases where one contact is involved in more than one deal at a time. The extensive email exchanges that can occur on one deal, greatly confuses the timelines for the other deals." We to are in a similar situation. Especially since are sales team is used to being able to directly forward emails to specific deals instead of to just contacts. Our previous CRM provided separate forwarding addresses for specific deals.

The current HubSpot process of associating activities is indeed to cumbersome. My sales team would have to forward an email to a contact, then go into HubSpot, locate the contact, then associate the email with the appropriate deal (sorting through multiple deals). They will not stop using Outlook for emailing. Besides, they still find it cumbersome and limiting to email from within HubSpot.

Highrise CRMHighrise CRM

Flora

I'm glad to be able to reach out today with an update that we will be ready soon to go to beta for this in Gmail. Thank you for all of your feedback and patience. Please fill out the form here to be included in the beta and I will reach out.

https://forms.gle/sk196WJ8iFiEBwaw8

Yazz
Colaborador líder

@Flora 

Do you have an update for Outlook rather than GMail?

Our Sales Team is having more and more issues with wrong emails taking over the Deals timeline and many other variations of this problem. Is an Outlook solution even on the roadmap?

Flora

@Yazz 

Yes, this is something currently in planning. I will post closer to when we have an update on this! 

Yazz
Colaborador líder

@Flora YAY! thank you for the update. Any ETA on this functionality?