HubSpot Ideas

roarkjanis

Select which Deal to log an email to when a contact is associated with multiple Deals

Need an option to limit the email logging to a specific deal associated to a contact rather than all deals. When you have an account where you do multiple deals every email associate to the domain goes into every single deal.

Another aspect of this through parent-child relationships and allowing deals to be associated with one child so that the email can be logged appropriately.

84 Commentaires
Statut mis à jour : In Planning
Sophie_Higgs
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

We are currently actively working on allowing users to explicitly associate engagements with contacts, companies and deals. 

jordan_yocum
Contributeur

In addition to this, we have recurring clients. It would be nice to be able to make a recurring deal. 

DutchMango
Membre

Not sure if this is the right way to upvote this requirement but we would also appreciate being able to log an email to a specific deal.

andyb
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Gold

I completely agree. Sometimes you also get one email covering multiple 'deals' - this needs to be linked to more than 1 deal and more than 1 contact in HS please.

mboyce
Participant

Thanks for having this "In Planning." I have a client too that would greatly benefit from being about to filter / log emails to a specific deal. Thanks so much, Marion

scotts
Participant

I feel this is a must have for anyone that has multiple deals for a specific client.  We have a lot of repeat customers, to sort thru a timeline and make sure that what you are looking at is for the deal you are working on is cumbersome and time consuming.  Especially if you are working from a tablet or phone in the field.

ORunnals
Membre

I know this feature is in planning, but I think in your development you should consider this thread as well: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filter-Customize-Data-Displayed-in-Deal-Timeline-e-g-...

Thanks!

Owen

Nicki1
Participant

Upvote from me - it seems like a big drawback in the current toolset to have to see all activities in the company's or contact's timeline when looking at a specific deal. We have multiple deals with individual companies and it's a big job to hunt through the timeline to find the information you're looking for in relation to the deal.

rlomidze
Membre

I think adding this feature to CRM is absolutely neccessary. We have partners, who bring us deals, and also we are upselling to the recurring clients. As time passes, deal timelines become more and more confusing. I am sure that all other users with similar process are as much confused and frustrated as we are!

Can you please tell us when adding of this feature is planned approximately?

carolenytander
Membre

I heard you will develop this, great! 🙂

pverma
Membre

In our industry, usually email subject line has the deal name. It will be great if this can be used to recommend deal that should be associated with an email. Base CRM's communication center has a similar functionality that can be explored for ideas.

Yazz
Contributeur de premier rang

We are currently struggling without this feature. It almost makes HubSpot CRM obsolete for our company, and we just joined. The scenario, in hopes for clarification for the development team, is as follows:

1. We have a Company that has multiple contacts with different HubSpot Owners assigned
  2. This specific company has branches across the globe (that is how we determine which HubSpot Owner gets the Contact)
  3. Now, HubSpot Owner 1 has a Deal and HubSpot Owner 2 has a Deal for their respective Contacts working for the same Company
  4. HubSpot Owner 1 sees all e-mail communication related to HubSpot Owner 2 and vice versa on the Deal Record

We do not want to have Company information on the Deal level. All e-mails pertaining to a specific Deal should only be visible on the Deal Record. If I am on the Company Record, I don't mind seeing all of the information since I am viewing the Company itself.

It is really a gigantic hinderance for our company to not have this available. This should be a TOP priority for the development team. If I could, I'd upvote this a billion times over.

lovinglife324

this is a critical need.   When viewing a deal,  one needs the ability to view items related specific to that deal.

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hey all,

The ability to associate activities (notes, one to one emails, calls, meetings) with deals is now In Beta. So that, rather than having
every activity roll up from associated contacts and companies to deals, users can now choose which deals each activity should be attached to.

As an added bonus, deal properties based on activities (e.g. last contacted, last modified) will now update based on activities associated with the deal from contact and company records.

When logging or executing an activity on a contact, company, or deal record --- leaving a note, writing an email, making a call, logging an activity, creating a task, or scheduling a meeting --- you’ll have a new association bar to work with:

The tags in this new association bar denote where the activity will appear. If you associate a call with the contact “Andrea Tarrell” and the company “Configero” this call will only appear in the timeline for those two records. Using the dropdowns and X icons, you add/remove records that are associated with the record you are currently on.

These features are currently in a private beta, once live they will be available to all customers. Stay tuned to this post, notifications in your HubSpot account and here on our product updates blog.

Yazz

@roisinkirby

Great news! Thanks for keeping us updated, hopefully it will be available to all customers soon!

GeorgeTunstall
Membre

The ability to add e-mails to specific deals is absolutely crucial! We have just started using Hubspot and find it fitst 80% of our requirements fro a CRM but the things that would take it to the next level are:

1. When replying to an e-mail in outlook, you get the option to create/start a new deal that can then be tracked. Current when i receive a sale enquiry i have to create a new deal in Hubspot and then send an e-mail to the client via Hubspot in order to start tracking the conversation.

2. The ability to drag and drop/forward e-amils to a particular deal for logging. Currently we send e-mails to customers using 3rd party software like adobe sign and there is no way to record this in Hubspot after we have sent this to the customer.

3. Showing attachments in the e-mail trail. I presume these are stripped out to save space but its highly useful when you are sending documents to the client.

4. Drag and Drop Attachments into the Attachments area of deals rather than having to upload and browse.

Overall i like Hubspot but would like to see better document integration so you can track and log documents that are sent to the customer.

Cheers

emcosenza
Participant

We're using the beta version and we're still having an issue with unrelated emails showing in the deals for people who are associated with more than one deal. Even though only one deal is selected for the email, the email still shows in the other deals that are not tagged because that person is involved in the deal. There's no way to remove the person from the email so we can't solve the problem that way. We have partners that bring us deals with 3rd party customers so this makes it very cumbersome to find the proper emails in the deal timeline. 

This is extremely frustrating, especially with our own team members. We can't add them to any deals because then everything shows up in every deal they are associated with. At the same time, we can't add internal emails between team members about a particular deal because they aren't associated with the deal and it won't even let us choose that deal. It's a Catch-22 that has caused us to waste a lot of time trying to add deals to emails only to find that they still show up on deals that they are not tagged with. 

To compound the issue, the Dashboard only shows about 24 hours' worth of communications, so if we're not on top of that, new deals/communications slip through the cracks. Why isn't there a way to see all communications sent to Hubspot? 

To cope with these issues, we have to look through our team members' contacts and then copy internal team emails as notes into deals. It would be a lot easier to just let us add any email/note to any deal and not limit it OR fix the issue with communications showing up in the wrong deals. It's great that this is automated, but if it doesn't work, then it's not very helpful.  

pverma
Membre

It this live yet? 

Karen2
Participant

I wondered if you could let me know how far away this is? I seem to also be experiencing this scenario - 

CONTACT A is associated with Deal 1, Deal 2 and Deal 3.

I forward emails relating to Deal 1 to CONTACT A, however when I go into Deal 2 and Deal 3, I see emails relating to Deal 1 (because CONTACT A is a common association), even though the Deals are completely unrelated to one another. 

This is becoming a huge issue where one contact is associated with multiple deals. 

Please let me know if I have it wrong, but I believe there is a fix in the pipeline. PLEASE can you advise an ETA? Sophie_Higgs?

With thanks, 

Karen

emcosenza
Participant

The only workaround solution that I have found is to go to each of Contact A's deals and go into each communication and remove the deals from it that are unrelated. It's extremely cumbersome. Even worse, if you add a new contact to a deal, this needs to be done all over again if that contact has multiple deals because they get put right back on them. We use agencies as partners and this happens very frequently. Also, we cannot put the main company contacts on any deals because they are associated with all of them. This causes internal communications between our team to not go on ANY deals and the internal communications cannot be added to any deals unless the person is listed as a member of the deal. It's a Catch-22. We have 2 companies that we own and when I just chose another CRM to use for our other company I specifically avoided Hubspot for exactly this reason. It's great that it's free, but this feature is essential in my opinion.