HubSpot Ideas

briley

Select different tones for sound notifications or change pop-ups based on what the notification is

I'd love to see different alert tones available for forms, revisits, chats, etc., and perhaps something more intense for incoming chats as they can be easy to miss even with all alert types set to on. As I'm often multitasking, the only thing that ensures I get to a chat within a few minutes is the alert noise, but it's a quick noise that can be missed (We're often on the phone). So, by the time I see the email notification or the notification on my HubSpot page, the user has often left our website already. Perhaps a big red pop up or something like that

HubSpot Updates
February 29, 2024 04:28 AM

Hey everyone

We are doing some customer research and testing out a prototype for adjusting the sound and would love to talk to some of you here who have been facing issues with this. Feel free to DM me if you are interested and I will send over a meeting link.

Regards

Nazz

February 08, 2024 04:34 AM

We have scheduled work on a PoC for sound customization in the Notification workflow action as a start. Would love to get some folks from here for feedback once we have that PoC ready to show around. Will keep you all updated.

June 15, 2022 03:57 AM

Thanks for the insights @StatMedInc . That is very helpful.
I see that @Thomas-S and very sorry about this delay. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

June 14, 2022 03:48 AM

Hey @Tanuki . We empathize with this pain and already thinking of ways to make urgent notifications like chat stand out. We would love any insights or ideas you would have on how to do this right.

April 07, 2022 03:55 AM

@Aworrall13 Great to know it works for you.
@StatMedInc We definitely understand your pain. The new sound should at least fix the issue of the sound being too low/too loud. However, we empathize with the pain of not having the right sound for the team and are aware of the need to have multiple sounds to choose from and reviewing this request at the moment.

Being Reviewed
April 06, 2022 03:55 AM

Idea Submitted
April 06, 2022 03:17 AM

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback!

In February, we worked with a sound engineer to release a new sound.

We’d love it if you could give us feedback on your experience with the new sound.

At the same time, we know of the need to have multiple sounds to choose from and we have been reviewing this idea.

Thank you!

42 Replies
rmagness
Participant

I don't understand why Hubspot doesn't have better alerts for Chats.  All the others ones we offered, beep more than once or becomes more obvious.  You only get one little ding and it's easy to miss that they started a chat or responded.  Makes multitasking hard if you are focusing on waiting for someone to respond.

There has been other issues, and then hubspot just marked delivered, but it's the same problem of chats being missed.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Better-notification-window-for-Messages-Chat-in-Brows...

Victorgr

Buenos días,

Efectivamente, es necesario que el aviso sea personalizable porque en el formato actual, se escapan algunas notificaciones.

Muchas gracias. 

DanielSterley

The chat is based on quick answers and we have 30-45seks answering-time using our chat-system today. We need to be able to create more dramatic notifications regarding New Chat and Replies. 

liseticaro

The same problem with chat as mentioned by others:

I like the way I'm able to personalise the chat with automatic replies and giving people the chance to leave their email, but 1 minute is very little and we never manage to answer in time, when you can't hear when someone is active in the chat.

I revert to tawk.to until this issue is solved.

AustinW

I agree that there should be more options for notifications sounds (especially when I am away from my desk with a headset on). The sound is too short and doesn't actually come through my headset (it takes about 2 seconds to connect the audio), so it is very easy to miss a notification. Live chats are important to our company, and we don't ever want to miss them.

Also, it would be nice to have more options for reply times. Asking for an email after just one minute is just too short. I think a three-minute option should be added.

CEdmunds

We need more options for sound notifications as well.  Live chats are important to, and we don't ever want to miss them.  We also need sound notifications for @mentions

NMcAleer
Participant

This is a huge issue. The sound is so low and "tick tick tick". It is definitely losing us sales. We need a louder more reliable notification sound when there is a chat so that we can answer our clients promptly.

StatMedInc

Totally agree!  We became a hubspot customer through the free website chat app and we have missed so many incoming chats that we are looking elsewhere.  A notification menu can't be that difficult and it is very important to me.
Update:  I have replaced this with Live Chat and it fits the bill perfectly.  They also have an HS connector if you want all chats going into your HS database.   If HS can get theirs to work like this, It will be a good reason not to go elsewhere for the rest of the CRM

JusinP
Participant

100% this doesn't seem like a big thing.. 

MattiRuuska
Member | Diamond Partner

+1 fot this!!

Aworrall13

+1 - the new sound (seems to have been introduced over the weekend) is causing issues amongst our reps. It's incredibly harsh.

BenGrisanti

+1 I'm sensitive to certain sounds and the chat notification is too intense 

Thomas-S

I could not agree more with this!! I miss EVERY chat! I have been asking for this for years. Capture visitors live is essential for any online business. It just blows my mind that Hubspot is ignoring this request! 

BiziBiz

+1 to this. We really need to be able to upload our own sound file to be used as a notification sound.

chickefitz

This is a huge problem for me.  I want to use chat as I want to be responsive to visitors, but I NEVER hear whatever notification you have.  If I could set it to a unique sound that is unusual for my system, then I would pay attention.  My hosting provider has a SUBMARINE PING that is unmistakable on their chat.

LClark2

This is a wonderful idea and I truly hope this feature gets implemented soon! This is an issue that our Customer Service Representatives face quite frequently and occasionally impacts SLAs (as they are always multi-tasking). An added ringtone when a customer replies with a chat or email would be a huge improvement. 

ibatt
Participant

Agree. We are having to abandon HubSpot's live chat and return to Tawk.to due to the subtle nature of HubSpot's notification style for new chats. Too many missed chats, which reflects poorly on us and that's not acceptable.

We will be setting up zaps in Zapier to try to integrate our live chat with our CRM.

Edit: I'm reading others' comments that the tone is harsh. So let me clarify - the issue is that the tone is the same as all other notifications, and our customer service people now get pulled away from whatever other tasks they're working on (including live calls with clients) to see if it's a new chat or a miscellaneous other kind of HubSpot notification.

HMatuszeski

I agree with you; I often think about putting some very loud and unusual signals on working chats to hear them for sure. I like what my sister did for her online lessons - she used the siren sound from sound effects for commercials. Of course, I can't imagine how she doesn't die of fear and surprise every time, because it's really very loud. You may also be able to use some of these sounds on your work chats, which will help you. I would not advise the only thing is too loud sounds, as it can really scare a lot.

KHanks1

YES YES YES! Especially need a unique tone for the Chat feature.

Often I'm working away & not aware there's a live Chat guest waiting for a response. UGH! So upsetting when I miss them for no good reason.

PLEASE ADD ASAP!

Thank you!

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

Despite turning on my pop-up notifications and to play a sound, I don't receive either for new chats. Super frustrating HubSpot!