HubSpot Ideas

briley

Select different tones for sound notifications or change pop-ups based on what the notification is

I'd love to see different alert tones available for forms, revisits, chats, etc., and perhaps something more intense for incoming chats as they can be easy to miss even with all alert types set to on. As I'm often multitasking, the only thing that ensures I get to a chat within a few minutes is the alert noise, but it's a quick noise that can be missed (We're often on the phone). So, by the time I see the email notification or the notification on my HubSpot page, the user has often left our website already. Perhaps a big red pop up or something like that

HubSpot Updates
February 29, 2024 04:28 AM

Hey everyone

We are doing some customer research and testing out a prototype for adjusting the sound and would love to talk to some of you here who have been facing issues with this. Feel free to DM me if you are interested and I will send over a meeting link.

Regards

Nazz

February 08, 2024 04:34 AM

We have scheduled work on a PoC for sound customization in the Notification workflow action as a start. Would love to get some folks from here for feedback once we have that PoC ready to show around. Will keep you all updated.

June 15, 2022 03:57 AM

Thanks for the insights @StatMedInc . That is very helpful.
I see that @Thomas-S and very sorry about this delay. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

June 14, 2022 03:48 AM

Hey @Tanuki . We empathize with this pain and already thinking of ways to make urgent notifications like chat stand out. We would love any insights or ideas you would have on how to do this right.

April 07, 2022 03:55 AM

@Aworrall13 Great to know it works for you.
@StatMedInc We definitely understand your pain. The new sound should at least fix the issue of the sound being too low/too loud. However, we empathize with the pain of not having the right sound for the team and are aware of the need to have multiple sounds to choose from and reviewing this request at the moment.

Being Reviewed
April 06, 2022 03:55 AM

Idea Submitted
April 06, 2022 03:17 AM

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback!

In February, we worked with a sound engineer to release a new sound.

We’d love it if you could give us feedback on your experience with the new sound.

At the same time, we know of the need to have multiple sounds to choose from and we have been reviewing this idea.

Thank you!

42 Replies
JDonald1
Participant

Yes! Users need to be able to choose between a few optional tones for chatbot/live chat

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback!

In February, we worked with a sound engineer to release a new sound.

We’d love it if you could give us feedback on your experience with the new sound.

At the same time, we know of the need to have multiple sounds to choose from and we have been reviewing this idea.

Thank you!

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Aworrall13
Our team loves it. Thank you for your help!!
StatMedInc

The notification needs to be unavoidable.  A pop-up and selection of your own sounds, please.  Until this is available we will be staying with another company.  Missing a live chat is a waste of website investment, not just a minor inconvenience.

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

@Aworrall13 Great to know it works for you.
@StatMedInc We definitely understand your pain. The new sound should at least fix the issue of the sound being too low/too loud. However, we empathize with the pain of not having the right sound for the team and are aware of the need to have multiple sounds to choose from and reviewing this request at the moment.

APattyn
Participant

Would like to be updated on this as well, this is a feature our team really misses. 

Tanuki
Participant

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed. I just started using HS and TBH, I'm missing new chats already. A lot of great features, but what's the point if you can't hear someone knocking at your door?

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Tanuki . We empathize with this pain and already thinking of ways to make urgent notifications like chat stand out. We would love any insights or ideas you would have on how to do this right.

StatMedInc

@NazzMohammad please keep us posted on the progress of this idea as I would like to be using HS but have been using Live Chat for over a couple of years now.  Live Chat has a voice that says "Customer in Chat Queue" but most importantly, you can customize your notifications by user preferance.  It also has its own app that shows a count icon like when you get a new message in outlook.  I have not missed a chat since changing over so my recommendation is to make it like Live Chat.

Thomas-S

@NazzMohammad This has been going on for 3 years now! Nothing done so far.  I had to change my live chat app on some of my sites too since I missed every chat request. 

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the insights @StatMedInc . That is very helpful.
I see that @Thomas-S and very sorry about this delay. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

MattHomesearch
Participant

I would like to add my voice to this feature. There should be a different sound played for an incoming livechat. These are important to jump on quickly and a small chime that's the same for any notification can get lost when we're busy.

HubJoshD

We currently use a 3rd party livechat app. When a new visitor is waitining the notification says out loud "New visitor waiting". We're saving money by using the HubSpot livechat app, but this function from the 3rd app is sorely missed.

PGarcesLamber
Participant

"I think it would be helpful to have unique sounds for different types of notifications."

aBaker55
Participant

Any updates on this? 

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

We have scheduled work on a PoC for sound customization in the Notification workflow action as a start. Would love to get some folks from here for feedback once we have that PoC ready to show around. Will keep you all updated.

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

Interesting @NazzMohammad! I'd be curious to check this out when it is ready!

aBaker55
Participant
Great, count on me! Thanks, Ali
JSmasal
Participant

The Pop-Up notification sound is so loud. I cannot find a way to adjust the volume, I don't want to turn it off, but its so much louder than the rest of my other system sounds