HubSpot Ideas

llegault

Select HubSpot marketing campaign in a list filter

It would be helpful to be able to use a filter selection in a contact's List for 'Campaign' > 'select name of campaign'. The idea would be that the contact would have experienced any part of a marketing campaign (here) asset. For example, if the contact was sent a marketing email where said email had that campaign set in the settings, then that contact would meet the filter criteria of this list. Or let's say a contact clicked a CTA that had that campaign set in the settings, then that contact would also be a member of the list.

Currently, we have to use workarounds and extra steps to make it seem like the above could be a reality, when in fact it is not quite exactly as hoped. So adding such a filter would be very helpful! Thank you for the consideration.

new list filter to select Marketing Campaign.png

list idea - marketing campaign - select the name of a marketing campaign.png

16 Replies
finchi123
Participant

This would be an absolute game changer.

My CEO asked me this once. "How many marketing emails did contact X open and/or click in this campaign?". 

HubSpot answer "look at the contact record and count the opens/clicks

We have a database of over 10,000 contacts, that isn't evn close to a solution.

or "look at the campaigns tool that tells you 56 contacts clicked but doesn't tell you who".

I cannot believe there isn't a contact view specific for each campaign, its madness.  

Q - How are we meant to track which campaign is working best across a number of metrics?  

There are so many use cases for this feature.  HubSpot, please raise this internally and get it on your roadmap. 

Worse thing is, as with everything. You actually have the data, we simply can't manipulate it.

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Yes, we need this!

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@llegault can you tell me more about your workarounds?

DebraBEBeyond

We require this feature too - having to go into every email to check stats is too much manual work!

orkunturkey
Participant

absolutely a brilliant idea, and a much-needed one!

HSimpson16

Love love love this idea. Big endorse. It would be so helpful to segment users based on campaign level interest. 

tannerm123
Participant

I'm going to agree with others on this thread, super useful feature to have. Seems weird to have SOME campaign capabilities but then not be able to filter specific to each campaign.

Our use case here is (was) to create a workflow based on users who have opened at least 3+ marketing emails from the ACTIVE campaign (as compared to Not Active). Users are enrolled in the Not Active email campaign before they 'activate' their account, and once they do activate their account they are switched to the Active group. Think of this as our sort of 'finish your account' email...

For these contacts that do open 3+ ACTIVE emails, we would specify that they prefer emails (over texts) for communication, given that they have opened 3 of the 6 total emails that we have in that campaign. However, since the Not Active email counts against this total, we can't filter correctly.

Since we can't specify by campaign, we get some contacts who opened 3 Not Active emails & are then deemed as 'email' humans, when in reality we might have sent them say 20 emails total and it took them months to finish their account creation. We then compare that against a human who got 'active' immediately after creating an account, who only has a denominator of 6 possible emails they can open. We are only trying to deem those who open the majority of our emails as 'email humans'.

Now I've seen a solution being presented saying that you can specify which marketing emails in particular, but that doesn't work when you create a new marketing email on a weekly cadence. This would require tons of changing and filtering!

finchi123
Participant

How do we get this idea to have more upvotes?  

CDeGraaff

Working on a campaign today and this would be highly beneficial for segmenting down over a dozen emails during a quarter.

Make it so, Hubspot! Please!

corbius
Participant

I second that.

BTomjanovich
Participant

This really needs to become a priority. Why use campaigns at all if we can't filter by them and get the information we need?

lordbagel
Participant

Ditto. Just got asked "can I have a list of contacts who we've contacted [regarding this campaign]". Ridiculous to have to pull the filter out for 18 separate emails (not having an integral OR function in the filter group is another gripe). 

I echo the wonderings of the above: why do campaigns exist if not to filter and use for reporting and data purposes??

LSmith502

upvoting!

CNordin

It's May 1, 2023. Please make this happen HS...

YvonneKlich

Big Upvote here.

fyi, there is now a new filter to see who "engaged" with your campaign. - you can either search it or you go to campaign > click on the number of contacts > create list from there. 

however, beyond that I NEED an easy filter for every person who was sent/delivered (ideally opened and clicked) an email associated to a certain campaign. End goal is to set a counter "contact has received X number of nurture mails". I cannot use standard mail counter here, because I only reference a subset of mailings.

Support says I can filter for each mailing one by one. which is tedious and very very time-consuming, as well as prone to errors.

annieg241
Contributor

Yes we need this!