HubSpot Ideas

Briceclark

Segmented Payments on Quotes

Hello everyone! This idea serves to help all serviced-based companies currently using HubSpot. 

Lets be honest, the quote system HubSpot has to offer is awesome. Clean and professional format, product/service details, and even a Stripe integration helps avoid separate payment platforms. My only qualm? 

We currently utilize a deposit system for our clients to secure services. Each service requires a $200 deposit that goes towards their total balance. For many bigger ticket item service companies, it can be difficult for clients to pay the full balance upfront. 

I'm proposing the idea for quotes to include all of the prices, fees, discounts, etc., but at the same time, allow for clients to pay for a given amount. If we're using our company as an example, their total is $3,000 and they have two services ($400 deposit), they are given the option to pay the deposits and not the full-price. 

I believe that would be extremely helpful for the many service-based companies that use HubSpot! I look forward to hearing how this may be possible. Thank you for your time!

HubSpot Updates
May 17, 2022 07:43 PM

@DanielDJ the ability to quote a payment schedule will definitely be available in Australia, which will be our first release, but payment collection features will be limited to US for 2022. That said, we're working toward enabling non-US payments ASAP.

May 17, 2022 11:16 AM

Wonderful - I'll DM you both!

In Planning
May 17, 2022 10:56 AM

Hey folks! My name is Ethan, I'm a PM in our Commerce group (which owns Quotes), and we're putting the finishing touches on a feature that should (1) make it easier to quote a payment schedule (or installment plan, or segmented payments - whatever you choose to call it), as well as collect payment for the initial piece of that plan (e.g. a deposit). 

Would anyone be interested in looking at our mockups and giving me some feedback? I would welcome your questions or suggestions on how the feature should work. Just DM me here on the Ideas forum and I will respond as promptly as I can with my Meetings link. 

48 Replies
FlawlessHair

@ethankopit will this still work in the quote software through Stripe payments in Australia? 

We require 2 quotes: 

1: Consultation Quote - $150 with a $50 deposit the rest paid on the day in clinic 

2: Treatment Fee Proposal: Treatment + additional options clients can add on if they wish to do so (this currently is not available on quotes so we would need to resend an updated version of what they are after) with a set $2000 deposit and the rest is paid in the clinic through our EFT terminal on the day of the procedure. However, the instalment option for the remaining amount less the deposits would be great! 

Currently, it seems as though we would need to send 2 quotes for each - one with the total (no payment link) then another with just the deposit amount + a payment link ? 

Currently using the free trial to see if Hubspot is right for our business needs and the above is a deiciding factor. 

Thanks! 

graceotaiza
Participant

@ethang I'm willing to give feedback!

Benjaminrogers

This is very important for us, does anyone know if any of the payment providers that integrate allow this? I have tried stripe and it doesn't with HubSpot integration

Benjaminrogers

It would be great to get an update on this very useful feature 🙂 

LPorto

@ethankopit We would love to participate in the split payment beta group. We desperately need to be able to request a deposit and final payment through a singular quote. Thank You!

CMelnikow0

Hey @ethankopit are you also working on allowing the Stripe Payments to work with the payment schedule?  A pop-up in the app says so, but not sure how up to date that is.  Would love any update before I develop a bunch of workarounds.  Thanks!

MailineDE
Member | Diamond Partner

Bonjour, 

Savez-vous si cette fonctionnalité est désormais disponible ? 

Merci !

Mailine

mpmorin

It would also be nice if there was a way to request security deposits on quotes. I know that a ton of people use HubSpot for products that are completely online, but we sell physical products that can also be rented, or put on a long term contract where we need to collect a deposit in case the product is returned in less than perfect condition. Right now, if we a deposit line item, it gets tracked as revenue, which isn't really accurate.