HubSpot Ideas

Briceclark

Segmented Payments on Quotes

Hello everyone! This idea serves to help all serviced-based companies currently using HubSpot. 

Lets be honest, the quote system HubSpot has to offer is awesome. Clean and professional format, product/service details, and even a Stripe integration helps avoid separate payment platforms. My only qualm? 

We currently utilize a deposit system for our clients to secure services. Each service requires a $200 deposit that goes towards their total balance. For many bigger ticket item service companies, it can be difficult for clients to pay the full balance upfront. 

I'm proposing the idea for quotes to include all of the prices, fees, discounts, etc., but at the same time, allow for clients to pay for a given amount. If we're using our company as an example, their total is $3,000 and they have two services ($400 deposit), they are given the option to pay the deposits and not the full-price. 

I believe that would be extremely helpful for the many service-based companies that use HubSpot! I look forward to hearing how this may be possible. Thank you for your time!

48 Replies
Dogtag89
Contributor

we very much have the concept of a deposit and I have not been able to figure out how to use workflows or similar to update a deal automatically. Doing it manually via the product discount feature is prone to human error and time consuming 

JP86

We need this feature to be able to operate correctly and simplify our workload.

At the moment we need our accounts department to generate a deposit invoice from Stripe and send it to each and every client that accepts a quote which adds to our WIP ques and delays times making us much more inefficent and increases our overall workload and lead times which is counter to everything else HubSpot has done for our business. 

The simpliest way to do this as a quick fix would be for HubSpot to add it as an option at the end of the quote generating process. At the moment it asks to "+ Add tax+ Add fee+ Add discount" all HubSpot need to do here is add the option for "Add Deposit" which would then allow a salesmen to put in the deposit amount. This amount would then be displayed when the customer clicked on "Purchase" within the quote and are presented a HubSpot pop up propting them to enter their email and CC details.

At the moment the only option is to pay the full amount. No customer is going to pay $14,000 upfront just because they have accepted a quote. This is costing us money in terms of lost leads, lost man hours preforming remedial tasks that shouldnt need to be manually entered in this day and age.  

forzaAndy

I agree that having a deposit amount due is needed. I also would ask for ability to duplicate a quote.

harmon_dan

Great idea, this would really help our business.

For us, the ideal scenario would be:

• Payment A (e.g. $100 booking fee) required on signing.
  • Payment B (e.g. $2000 balance) required on date X - where date X is an input during the quote process and Hubspot creates an invoice in Stripe with the relevant information (a link to which is then put in Hubspot, along with a task for the due date so that a sales person can follow up for payment).
josh_at_wea

This is very much needed and tbh am surprised it is not already a feature included in the quotes tool! 

PLEASE hubspot dev team, lets get this moving.

GarrettK

Yes- please implement this Hubspot. It would be very helpful for our business model. 

sportivebreaks

Nearly all our sales are done using an initial deposit. This feature is essential for us.

Being able to duplicate a quote AND re-issue an expired quote would be great 

Matthewk12

This feature is essential to my business. I also operate a professional service and clients are used to making a retainer deposit to engage with me. No one would use my service if they were expected to pay the full amount upfront. I'm currently using authorize.net off the Hubspot network and it allows clients to make partial payments which work great for me. Furthermore, I can rebill the balance payment and not have to ask clients to initiate this a payment when my service is complete. I'm trying to see if I can customize this myself within the system but it's a huge pain in the **bleep**. 

Hubspot, please help with this. It's a necessity in our industry.

moblizeit
Participant

Team we do need this as well. Please advise on timelines?

Gorgeous

Yes - I agree that partial payments and deposits should be made a priority and needed.  We are not able to take payments on Hubspot due to not having this feature. 

harmon_dan

In case it's helpful to anyone reading this thread. Here's the workaround that we use right now with quotes. Bearing in mind that we run a transportation business so these are often for weddings or similar.

1) Create a quote (often a year out from the event) that has full details, prices, etc. This has a total of 'T'
2) Add a discount, 'D', described as "Remaining balance to be paid 30 days out",  to bring the total down to the figure we use for our booking fee (in our case $100) - the calculation is simply: D = T - (T-100)

3) Set a task to for 30 days out from the event to request remaining payment.

4) On that day, create a new quote in the same deal (automatically uses all the same product info from the deal) and discount the original booking fee from the total.

graceotaiza
Participant

Same here! We're having a really difficult time finding the best way to do this. We also offer installment plans where a client can pay 50% upfront and the rest 2 weeks before their event. Please help Hubspot.

Matthewk12

Hello all,

This is a very basic feature that I'm rather surprised that Hubspot does not have a native solution for. I was able to work around using a third-party integration.

PandaDocs offers a nice quote solution that integrates well with Hubpsot. It also has authorize.net as a gateway. You can create a payment link with Pandadocs through Hubspot and configure payment amounts. 

Hope this information helps.

graceotaiza
Participant

Another service company here and chiming in again! This is really a major pain for us within Hubspot. We simply need the option to add a deposit, it would be especially helpful if it were auto-calculated. So if we say, add a deposit, in Hubspot, a percentage amount box would pop up and auto-calculate the percentage deposit as the payment. Then have the feature to schedule when the rest of the balance is due. 

Please Hubspot, this is major. Especially now when flexible payment plans are such a huge deal. 

Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks so much!

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi, Dev Team at HubSpot, 

I believe this is very much required now for the users who are using quotes efficiently. 

Partial payments in a single quote will avoid us creating duplicate quotes for each client. 

Regards

Danish W. 

sidfwb

We also need this feature asap. Below is the same idea I shared today.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Split-invoicing-in-a-single-deal/idi-p/390502

hxo

Hi everyone

We created our app to solve exactly this problem - we found lots of businesses need more flexibility about how their invoicing works. You can see the listing here:

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/finance/accounting/hxo-invoice-scheduler-214945

At the moment we integrate with Xero - but we have more platforms coming on board soon, and we're also happy to look at bespoke work. If you'd like a demo or a chat just reach out to me.

Thanks

Harry

Clovenhoof
Participant

Ability to take a deposit payment via Stripe Integration on Quotes would solve our workaround issues.

Please, this would be amazing.

nspmarketing
Participant

We invoice our clients when hardware is delivered to their site, then we invoice for services as milestones. Often there can be three to four separate invoices, all related to one project.

NKretz
Participant

Come on Hubspot! Can we get a response on if this is ever going to be feature that will make it to your product? It's been 3 years since someone suggested this update!