HubSpot Ideas

MireilleWathes

Segment based on decimal value

It would be great if we could segment based on decimal values. We are looking to segment based on above or below an industry average which is 2.4. At the moment only whole values are accepted. 

16 Replies
HarvestROI
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I work in the mortgage business so if we are sorting data by interest rate so we can create dynamic lists, we need decimals as well.  Fractions of whole numbers could mean thousands of people NOT getting relevant information when interest rates change.

ReUpEducation
Contributor

Same issue here. I have to filter my list outside of Hubspot then re-import it as a static list. This works ok for a one-off email but not beling about to filter to the decimal place is preventing us from setting up a workflow for it.

Jacquelyn

Same issue here.  I also work for a mortgage company and it's imparative that we sort data by decimals due to us working with interest rates that are rarely whole numbers. 

HarvestROI

Jacquelyn & ReUpEducation- I'd love to talk to you about this. I have found several workarounds to address the issue and create workflows until HubSpot creates an actual fix for the problem. You can email me at dave@harvestroi.com or go to my website and schedule a call with me.

HarvestROI
Mirelle,

I basically turned the data from that field into a whole number before importing the data. Since I was using percentages as they apply to mortgage interest rates, I used a 4 digit format. 

For example:

If the interest rate was 4.375, the whole number equivalent would be 4375. 
If the interest rate was 4.25, then the whole number format should be 4250.

Unfortunately, if you are trying to pull data into HubSpot via an API from another system that is using the decimal fields, this won't work for sorting only displaying in a contact or deal property. You can show the decimal number in HubSpot for viewing contact or deal record data but cannot sort by the decimal. So, if you want your salespeople to see the actual decimal, leave it in the correct field formatted as the decimal and create a custom property strictly for creating dynamic lists.  So if you're pulling that data directly into the HubSpot CRM via an API, you will need to create the custom property field and update the data using a manual import.

I hope this helps. It's just a workaround and I agree that HubSpot needs to find a real solution for this issue to maximize the value of the platform.
MireilleWathes

Thank you Dave, that's what we ended up doing. Pushing a whole number into HubSpot so at least we could send an email based on whether their conversion rate was above,  below or the same as average, but we couldn't then use the actual number in the email as it was part of a workflow and therefore could not update an extra data field manually. This last bit is why I still would like to be able to segment on decimals. 

noamkahn
HubSpot Employee

Good workaround -- but we should add decimal filtering for lists and workflows

HarvestROI

@noamkahn, Yes! it's long overdue. Just like the win probability percentages that you changed a few months back. Larger sales orgs work with more precise numbers. This would help financial service companies or lenders trigger workflows based on external market rates being fed into the HubSpot platform through an API.

rentpingmike
Participant

Just chiming in here that this seems like an obvious thing HubSpot should be able to do. Right now we use Zapier webhooks to generate ratings for companies based on factors pulled from HubSpot. As a workaround we're going to work with whole numbers (e.g. 392 instead of 3.92) but that seems crazy to have to do that when HubSpot lets us use numbers like 3.92 in the fields.

bhalferty
Participant

I can filter in the contacts view with decimals, but can't add it to the lists view which seems silly. How easy is it to make this change, also work in mortgages and it is VERY important to have numbers here. We have multiple sources bringing in interest rates, that the multiplying could get a bit hairy too. 

thunt

I have the same issue. I have data the I want to filter by a decimal and I can't. Upvoted.

LenSad
Participant

Same here, much needed segmentation option!

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I’m Andres, the PM for HubSpot’s Lists tool. 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this Idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

HarvestROI

👏👏👏

NFortunaso

Great, thanks we need this also!

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

I'm happy to announce that this feature is now being rolled out through a Private Beta. Please reach out to your CSM or our Support Team if you would like to be added to the beta. 

Thank you all for your feedback!