HubSpot Ideas

JesRichards

See what people are typing in chat

As we are chatting with users on the site we should be able to see exactly what they are typing in real time. Tawk has this feature and we would gain the super valuable information from people typing something and then deleting it, then sending something different.

13 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @JesRichards thank you for your post. 

This feature is not currently planned by the HubSpot Product Team as it is not a function that is in line with HubSpot's strategic vision for the Messages tool. 

People will still be able to vote/comment ont his request - should anything in HubSpot's planning change the thread will be updated. 

Takis
Participant

Preview what the person is writing in messages instead of the bubbles.

nikkiv
Top Contributor

I agree that this would be a nice feature to have. We previously used SnapEngage and they offered this feature and it was helpful. 

KevinFMTV
Participant

Yes please!!!      BTW .... I do think we might see this in the future because when I was chatting with support recently I asked the rep if she could see what I was typing before I pressed send and she said yes.  So my hunch is they are testing it out behind the scenes internally with their own chats. 

Luketrustap

Is there any update with this? It would definitely be a useful feature I think. 

CEdmunds

Upvoting this.  It is a valuable feature for agents to gather information/answers while the user is typing.

El_Gallo
Participant

This should be standard!!! Come on HS!!!! 

KHardisty
Participant

Yes! Agree, LiveChat has this feature, and we are migrating from LiveChat, or at least thinking about it. This is going to cost us precious time, we were able to check info before the customer even know what they were typing based off the first couple words! 

SMaslen

I too would like to see this feature. We have also just moved from Tawk and we miss this a lot.

We may switch back to tawk because its not easy to see if the customer is still there or not

ADzapo
Participant

Yes, we'd love to have this feature! Sometimes, the reply is clear to us as soon as the customers start typing, so we could already be preparing an answer while they're constructing the question.

VC3

Crisp has this feature too, and we find it super helpful!

MHamilton4

Salesforce had this feature as well.  It may only offer an extra 30 seconds, but that 30 seconds can be so important to giving a prompt response.  

ArmanY

Hello there. I hope you will add that feature soon. Multiple competitors of yours have it. We recently started to use HubSpot Service+CRM+Marketing 3-in-1, and we don't want to use service from other platforms and CRM+Marketing from HubSpot separately. 

This feature helps our support managers to prepare better answers faster for the client, which improves customer experience.