HubSpot Ideas

Mícheál

Details of Score History on Contact Records

Feature Request:

The abiliity to see the particular score criteria that a contact has met on the actual contact record would be a great feature to the Lead Scoring tool.

Currently, this functionlaity is available within the Score Property Settings using the 'Test' tool, but it would be brilliant if this functionality is somehow brought onto the contact records themselves (maybe even as the 'Source' of the change in the Score Property value history).

Similarly, it would be brilliant if the previous source of lead score changes can be captured in the 'HubSpot Score' property or another contact property. When analysing contacts who's score has recently increased/decreased, it can be difficult to determine why exactly this change in their 'Score' property occured. The 'Test score criteria' functionlaity within the property settings allows you to see why a contact currently has the score they have but this does not capture historical data for a contact 😊

I would love to see this implemented. It is somthing that has been briefly discussed in the HubSpot community here.

HubSpot Updates
February 15, 2022 05:09 AM

Feature Request:

It would be brilliant if the source of lead score changes can be captured in the 'HubSpot Score' property or another contact property. 

When analysing contacts who's score has recently increased/decreased, it can be difficult to determine why exactly this change in their 'Score' proeprty occured. Currently, you would have to use the 'Test score criteria' functionlaity within the property settings to see why a contact currently has the score they have but this does not capture historical data for a contact 😊

12 Replies
Mícheál
HubSpot Product Team

Feature Request:

It would be brilliant if the source of lead score changes can be captured in the 'HubSpot Score' property or another contact property. 

When analysing contacts who's score has recently increased/decreased, it can be difficult to determine why exactly this change in their 'Score' proeprty occured. Currently, you would have to use the 'Test score criteria' functionlaity within the property settings to see why a contact currently has the score they have but this does not capture historical data for a contact 😊

DarlaM
Participant

I agree, it would be very helpful to see why a contact got a specific score. This would help to understand the contact's behavior better as well as the success of the scoring system. 

DarylWui
HubSpot Employee

Definitely agree! At the moment it's so difficult to see what might have changed a HubSpot score with the current front-end view showing Background Task which is not helpful at all.

Hoping that we can view the Event that changed the criteria as well in this case. An option for customers now is to call into HubSpot Support but having the tool to do so themselves will be really beneficial!

SeeWhat

What? I'm new to HubSpot and surprised by this. It most certainly should be visible on a contact record.

Waylo
Participant

This is a great idea, we've developed some scores we use to score deals in our pipeline, but without the ability to tell exactly what's pushing a score up or down, I have to provide a needlessly complicated reference sheet and extra instruction to our reps so that they can use the score. I would love to report on the changes in a score over time AND see what caused those changes. But the biggest thing we're missing is just an easy way to tell why a score is what it is at a glance, my teams shouldn't have to memorize every possible input to the scores, it defeats the purpose almost. Hubspot already knows that a score is moving, just display the thing that moved it in the property details at the very least. 

allieccollins
Contributor

This is a major pain point for us. If we could see score history it would make debugging so much easier, and help our sales team understand sources better

JTCook
Participant

Agreed! I was actually pretty shocked that this doesn't appear to be available.  It would be very useful when reviewing and refining scoring criteria - allows marketing and sales to align on what needs to change.

GEastham
Participant

Agree wholeheartedly with all of the above - It should show at least the type of engagement.  If your platform can do this on the activity history - where it shows the page viewed or form submission, why not add that same recording from the lead scoring property - 10 pt increase | form submission.   I can then correlate timestamps between this and the activity history to figure out specifics, but right now its INCREDIBLY difficult to see exactly what caused the scoring change, or indeed, vet whether that scoring was applied correctly. 

PatrickSu
Participant

Yep, upvote here. Can't easily send notifications to sales team if they don't understand why a contact got a score. It's unreasonable that they'd have to visit the score property edit screen. 
Thanks.

JSaveljic

Hi team,

This option would really help our users to get insights into their contacts behaviour and simplify the lead qualification.

Hope to see it implemented soon!🤞

MRamos70

This is definetly a great and usefull feature to develop. It is crucial to undertand how the contact got to the assigned leadscore.

Hope to see it soon!

Above-Net

This is an extremely important feature to audit the lead scoring process